A place to buy Chloroquine

I would doubt it, however, I just placed an order from China for 1kg of it for 235.00+ shipping, so I know it can be purchased w/o a prescription atleast between the US and China.

Be careful buying CP from China. They're has been multiple reports of CP from there not being pure and people having problems. @Humblefish should be able to explain in better detail.
 
I would doubt it, however, I just placed an order from China for 1kg of it for 235.00+ shipping, so I know it can be purchased w/o a prescription atleast between the US and China.

Yikes! That's a little pricey for me. Thanks for the info and good luck.
 
I have been following this thread and can see how frustrating it can be to get this drug. I am a veterinarian and will say that it is difficult from our standpoint because we have to have a valid Veterinary/client/patient relationship in order to prescribe drugs. What this means is that I have to have examined the pet and talked to the owner about disease and treatment before I can prescribe. If I fail to conform to the law, I am in jeopardy of losing my license to practice Veterinary Medicine.

That being said, I have no problem helping out any local reefers who need assistance with obtaining CP. Until the Veterinary licensing board recognizes the power of the internet and video examination, I will still have to prove that I physically examined the pet before I can prescribe.

As far as ordering from China or out of country. Please read up on the law. You are committing a crime and could be prosecuted. The good news is that it is unlikely to happen as the DEA has their hands full with the real criminals. But I would be remiss if I did not point this out.
 
I have been following this thread and can see how frustrating it can be to get this drug. I am a veterinarian and will say that it is difficult from our standpoint because we have to have a valid Veterinary/client/patient relationship in order to prescribe drugs. What this means is that I have to have examined the pet and talked to the owner about disease and treatment before I can prescribe. If I fail to conform to the law, I am in jeopardy of losing my license to practice Veterinary Medicine.

That being said, I have no problem helping out any local reefers who need assistance with obtaining CP. Until the Veterinary licensing board recognizes the power of the internet and video examination, I will still have to prove that I physically examined the pet before I can prescribe.

As far as ordering from China or out of country. Please read up on the law. You are committing a crime and could be prosecuted. The good news is that it is unlikely to happen as the DEA has their hands full with the real criminals. But I would be remiss if I did not point this out.

Will you accept a picture of the sick fish instead of making a house call? That way if the law comes knocking on your door you'll have proof that a sick animal needed your help.

Sorry, but some laws tick me off. Just venting.
 
Jen, I've noticed more and more doctors seeing patients via video conference. Is that something that will eventually make its way to your field as well?
I think so, definitely. I have been watching the recent rulings to see where we are going with this. Unfortunately, just like MD's each state has it's own board and own rules. Ugggggggh
 
Not until the state board recognizes pictures as a form of examination. I have no problem coming to look at the fish though. I take payment in the form of coffee, apple pie and frags. :rolleyes:

Thank you for doing this. It speaks volumes of your character. :)

I also agree with @tj w that buying CP direct from China can be dicey, as their QC standards are not on par with that of an American, Canadian or European compounding pharmacy.

CP sourced from China only works if each & every batch is tested for purity by the reseller.
 
I have been following this thread and can see how frustrating it can be to get this drug. I am a veterinarian and will say that it is difficult from our standpoint because we have to have a valid Veterinary/client/patient relationship in order to prescribe drugs. What this means is that I have to have examined the pet and talked to the owner about disease and treatment before I can prescribe. If I fail to conform to the law, I am in jeopardy of losing my license to practice Veterinary Medicine.

That being said, I have no problem helping out any local reefers who need assistance with obtaining CP. Until the Veterinary licensing board recognizes the power of the internet and video examination, I will still have to prove that I physically examined the pet before I can prescribe.

As far as ordering from China or out of country. Please read up on the law. You are committing a crime and could be prosecuted. The good news is that it is unlikely to happen as the DEA has their hands full with the real criminals. But I would be remiss if I did not point this out.
Does the crime depend on the amount of the compound you import? Just wondering if it is for "research only" or a "sample" if the same rules applied?....probably doesn't matter the quantity but thought it would be worth the question.
 
Does the crime depend on the amount of the compound you import? Just wondering if it is for "research only" or a "sample" if the same rules applied?....probably doesn't matter the quantity but thought it would be worth the question.

Nowadays there is always going to be a digital paper trail of everything you buy, sell or even say online. I personally wouldn't risk it; especially since you'd be buying something of unknown quality anyway.
 
Do you want 99% CP with 1% binder, or 99.5% or 99.9%?
 
I think some of the issue with vets is that they don't know what the heck they are writing. A prescription includes quantity, dosage, treatment regimen, etc. My uncle is a vet and has no problem signing a script for me, but he doesn't know what to write (he is about 80 and has never treated a fish in his life). He told me to have the pharmacy (Diamondback) fax the script to him, and he will sign and fax back. I've asked Diamondback if they would do that but haven't heard back yet. I can see where this would be an issue for a lot of vets. Even if they are willing to help, they don't want to look unethical and/or foolish... writing something that they are completely oblivious to, regurgitating what some guy with a fish tells them to write.
 
I think some of the issue with vets is that they don't know what the heck they are writing. A prescription includes quantity, dosage, treatment regimen, etc. My uncle is a vet and has no problem signing a script for me, but he doesn't know what to write (he is about 80 and has never treated a fish in his life). He told me to have the pharmacy (Diamondback) fax the script to him, and he will sign and fax back. I've asked Diamondback if they would do that but haven't heard back yet. I can see where this would be an issue for a lot of vets. Even if they are willing to help, they don't want to look unethical and/or foolish... writing something that they are completely oblivious to, regurgitating what some guy with a fish tells them to write.

Quantity: 30 grams

Dosage: 40mg per gallon

Treatment regimen: Dose into the water once, using a digital scale to measure. Remove from the water 30 days after treatment begins, by running carbon.

HTH
 
Quantity: 30 grams

Dosage: 40mg per gallon

Treatment regimen: Dose into the water once, using a digital scale to measure. Remove from the water 30 days after treatment begins, by running carbon.

HTH

Definitely helpful, and I appreciate all of the work you and others have done with all of this. However, a vet isn't going to want a "lay person" to write his/her script that the vet in turn signs and sends to a pharmacy, when the vet knows absolutely nothing about the kind of animal you want to treat, nor does he/she know anything about the drug you want to treat with. If you tell your vet, "I want to try chewable flea medicine instead of the topical I've been using for my dog," he looks at the chart to see your dog's weight and boom!, you've got a signed prescription. If you tell your vet, "I want 30 grams of Chloroquine Phosphate to quarantine my saltwater fish," the vet looks at you like you have worms coming out of your nose.
 
Definitely helpful, and I appreciate all of the work you and others have done with all of this. However, a vet isn't going to want a "lay person" to write his/her script that the vet in turn signs and sends to a pharmacy, when the vet knows absolutely nothing about the kind of animal you want to treat, nor does he/she know anything about the drug you want to treat with. If you tell your vet, "I want to try chewable flea medicine instead of the topical I've been using for my dog," he looks at the chart to see your dog's weight and boom!, you've got a signed prescription. If you tell your vet, "I want 30 grams of Chloroquine Phosphate to quarantine my saltwater fish," the vet looks at you like you have worms coming out of your nose.

In that case, your best option is to try to locate an aquatic veterinarian in your area: http://www.aquavetmed.info
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top