About to throw a light out the window Im so irritated

There should be a WiFi broadcast button on the ReefLED similar to the ReefWave, ReefMat, etc. - no? On my Red Sea devices I hold that down for about 5 seconds (after removing from ReefBeat) at which point I can re-add the device again.
Yeah mine wont give me the re set, and wont let me connect it
 
I'm all in on redsea so I'm bias buttttt I can honestly say I've never had any connection issues(taps wood & checks tank seams!)
 
I had the same issue, swap the power with the other Red sea light and see if the issue transfers to the other light. If the lights reverse rolls than it is more than likely your power brick. Do you have the small or large brick? The small bricks were problematic with heat. You need to keep the power bricks cool.
 
I had the same issue, swap the power with the other Red sea light and see if the issue transfers to the other light. If the lights reverse rolls than it is more than likely your power brick. Do you have the small or large brick? The small bricks were problematic with heat. You need to keep the power bricks cool.
I will try that when I get home! I believe its the bigger brick
 
Thats part of why Im about to pitch this B-out the window!!!
funny-kill-it-with-fire.gif
 
I had one light blink on and off a dozen times at 12 noon and at 8:30pm for months, turns out it was the power supply.
 
Fixed it. Red sea sent me a demo video for a frozen light and I was able to get it up and running! They said this happens in power surges, which would make sense with the electrical Issue I just had on the tank
 
What was the fix?
Basically I took the plate and stuff off the light to get to the little circular battery and remove and put back in and re assemble. I can see if the video will attach if you like
 
Basically I took the plate and stuff off the light to get to the little circular battery and remove and put back in and re assemble. I can see if the video will attach if you like
All my gear are from Ecotech Marine and (before I jinxed myself) Mobius has been great across Radions G4/5/6, Vortech MP10/40, Vectra S2/M2, and Versa. However, I do have one Red Sea 90 LED on my frag tank -- hey, it was free so can't complain! Anyway, I almost threw it out the window and got a XR15 until I found the R2R article below! The darn thing kept losing connectivity but you don't have to take out the unit & remove the battery to clear its memory. Basically, you'll unplug/plug (actually, quickly tap) the DC side of the power connection while holding down the reset button.

 
All my gear are from Ecotech Marine and (before I jinxed myself) Mobius has been great across Radions G4/5/6, Vortech MP10/40, Vectra S2/M2, and Versa. However, I do have one Red Sea 90 LED on my frag tank -- hey, it was free so can't complain! Anyway, I almost threw it out the window and got a XR15 until I found the R2R article below! The darn thing kept losing connectivity but you don't have to take out the unit & remove the battery to clear its memory. Basically, you'll unplug/plug (actually, quickly tap) the DC side of the power connection while holding down the reset button.

Ah cool! I tried this as I also ran across it. Nothing, I think red sea was right and a power surge froze the light. Would make sense considering my tank crash a little bit ago
 
Ah cool! I tried this as I also ran across it. Nothing, I think red sea was right and a power surge froze the light. Would make sense considering my tank crash a little bit ago
It's a two-person job -- have someone hold down the reset button while you lightly tap the DC power connection (otherwise very challenging by myself). Mine was a brick until I did this. Recently, I unplugged my light for a few days since I was cycling (too much algae) and same thing happened -- light froze. I got it back using the same method. This is way faster than dismantling the unit to get to the battery.

Good luck with your light and hope you don't have to go through this process again...
 
It's a two-person job -- have someone hold down the reset button while you lightly tap the DC power connection (otherwise very challenging by myself). Mine was a brick until I did this. Recently, I unplugged my light for a few days since I was cycling (too much algae) and same thing happened -- light froze. I got it back using the same method. This is way faster than dismantling the unit to get to the battery.

Good luck with your light and hope you don't have to go through this process again...
Good to know, was trying to do that with just me! And me too
 
ALRIGHT ITS OUT AGAIN. I really am about to throw it out a window!!!
Sorry to hear that. Try the "reset" method above w/o taking out the unit?

Anyway, assume your WiFi hotspot is nearby/reachable?

btw: I HATE these lights as well! It stopped worked if no WiFi signal right? Ridiculous

EDIT: since you're just trying to get it to reconnect, you don't have to hold down the reset button and start over. Just multiple-tap on the DC power until you see the WiFi indicator flashing again.
 
Sorry to hear that. Try the "reset" method above w/o taking out the unit?

Anyway, assume your WiFi hotspot is nearby/reachable?

btw: I HATE these lights as well! It stopped worked if no WiFi signal right? Ridiculous

EDIT: since you're just trying to get it to reconnect, you don't have to hold down the reset button and start over. Just multiple-tap on the DC power until you see the WiFi indicator flashing again.
The dc power, is that the brick part?
 
Yeah mine wont give me the re set, and wont let me connect it
Try unplugging, press the reset button for 10 seconds and plug back in and see if change
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top