AI Nero 3 on front page of BRS

Does anyone know if the magnets are sealed? I would like to put my nero 3s on the back wall of my red sea, in the heater and return pump chambers. My concern is they could leach something into the tank if the internal magnets get wet.
 
Just got my Nero 3 from the LFS. I was previously running the Aqamai KPS in my Fluval Evo. But it was kind of hard to hide and the DIY nem guard I made out of pantyhose was ugly and needed constant cleaning.

I went with the Nero 3 for the low profile primarily and available 3D printed guards. To my pleasant surprise, the Nero 3 has a fish guard included!

So far I am really liking the Nero 3. Flow is WAY better than the KPS and I can actually see detritus getting stirred up into the water column now (bare bottom tank).

So far I am running it at a maximum of 45%-50% depending on the time of the day. Any higher and my Frogspawn starts retracting with that much flow.
 
I have a 5 and a 3. Both are great pumps. Only downside for the 3 is it has a smaller magnet and is not strong enough to hold through the glass thickness of my 70 gallon.
 
PSA with the Nero 3. I was running it without the guard (my mistake) and one of my 2" clowns got caught on the rear of the power head. It was there for some hours until I noticed but died shortly there after.

So please use a guard with the Nero 3 as well.
 
Just got my Nero 3 from the LFS. I was previously running the Aqamai KPS in my Fluval Evo. But it was kind of hard to hide and the DIY nem guard I made out of pantyhose was ugly and needed constant cleaning.

I went with the Nero 3 for the low profile primarily and available 3D printed guards. To my pleasant surprise, the Nero 3 has a fish guard included!

So far I am really liking the Nero 3. Flow is WAY better than the KPS and I can actually see detritus getting stirred up into the water column now (bare bottom tank).

So far I am running it at a maximum of 45%-50% depending on the time of the day. Any higher and my Frogspawn starts retracting with that much flow.
What size is your tank if you dont mind and what intensity where you running the Aqamai?

Ask because Im considering upgrading from my existing Aqamai KPS in a 32 gal reef tank to the Nero 3.

What Id really like to know is if the Nero offers broader, wider flow than the Aqamai.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top