AI Prime Hd on Fluval Evo (DONT RUN TOO HIGH)

Fatboy Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2018
Messages
34
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running my lights to recommended settings on forums and websites. It killed 4 of my corals very quickly. Here is a video to maybe help with anyone with the AI PRIME HD on a smaller tank. Please leave comments below and give advice to help others from making the same mistakes I've made lately. Hope this helps!

 
I’m running David Saxby schedule and have nothing but great results on it. Lots of up and down ramping to give the corals breaks. I believe it’s like simulating ( cloud coverage )

7C1286C1-F895-4D19-A62F-7AFAD1492D6B.png
 
All my corals are growing well. Including my 2 hammers and frogspawn. Everyone is pretty much open all day until the moonlight time.
 
I have the same tank and geniusgio provided me this light schedule and it’s been great. My corals are so happy.
 
I've seen this setting on here before. Ever since I've lowered my lighting the corals are so much happier. I'm afraid of slow growth though
 
With this lightning , my scrambled egg zoas went from 4 polyps , to 9

My Duncan went from one head to 3 ,

My Rasta 1 poly to 2 now.
 
You might be able to save the file to your phone and on your phone browser , log in to the MyAI website and do it from that
 
You can also use the schedule and tweak things to what you like. That’s the cool part about these Prime HD.
 
I’ve had my tank since November 2017. My hammers have gotten so big since I first both got them on December 2017
 
IMHO the secret to great success when switching from another lighting system to a high powered led setup is to start with a lower level to illuminate the tank and then slowly increase the output levels on the various channels over a period of time (days/weeks/months), the time period depends on the previous source of lighting used, alternatively you can start with the light unit higher above the tank and slowly lower it.
Gary
 
Hi guys
I'm thinking on Ai Prime HD and what do you Know about lost eficency in 10 months using It?
Someone can help me?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top