AI Prime Hd on Fluval Evo (DONT RUN TOO HIGH)

@geniusgio Did you tweak the light settings? I tried David's settings and they seem really high. But, I do like the respite peaks. I'm currently doing an acclimation based on those settings but its tweaked version, and no higher than 50%. I'll gradually ramp it up to those settings in a period of 4-6 weeks.
 
Thanks! Checking them out this weekend.
 
Why do you have so many fish in such a small tank is what got me straight away. You can see the clowns are aggressive and defending their space. I have the same tank with a pair of clown and that’s a push in a tank that small.
 
Why do you have so many fish in such a small tank is what got me straight away. You can see the clowns are aggressive and defending their space. I have the same tank with a pair of clown and that’s a push in a tank that small.
 
Way too many fish in such a small tank. Poor things. You can see the clowns are ticked off. You zap corals and overstock your tank. Do more research I would have to regrettably say.

I have that tank and a pair of clowns is a push. I’m no tang police but that is cruel.
 
@geniusgio are you still running the same settings?! :) i just got the ai primes today!
 
Hey @geniusgio , can you please share your .aip file here?
What max brightness are you running at?

Is anyone else here using the moonlight LED in the 16HD?
 
Hi guys
I'm thinking on Ai Prime HD and what do you Know about lost eficency in 10 months using It?
Someone can help me?
I have a regular AI Prime, an HD, and a 16. I’ve hade the regular one for over 4 years and it still puts out 350 par 7 inches above the tank at 6 inches deep. I tested it a few weeks ago. The HD is two years old and puts out 350 at about 8 inches deep same height. I got the 16 Back in October and it’s still pumping out 450 at 6 inches deep. I don’t have any of them at 100%. They’re all over a 65 gallon with T5 supplementation now, but I had the regular AI over a Nuvo 10 for over a year and I was growing acros.
 
I struggled with this Light as well currently it’s on a 10g frag tank and max settings are 15 Percent
 
I’m running David Saxby schedule and have nothing but great results on it. Lots of up and down ramping to give the corals breaks. I believe it’s like simulating ( cloud coverage )

7C1286C1-F895-4D19-A62F-7AFAD1492D6B.png
I’m running David Saxby schedule and have nothing but great results on it. Lots of up and down ramping to give the corals breaks. I believe it’s like simulating ( cloud coverage )

7C1286C1-F895-4D19-A62F-7AFAD1492D6B.png
Hi geniusgio- Did you use acclimate function or went full strength with the David Saxby? Also, were you running the stock Evo light before upgrading to AI Prime?

I ask, because the AI Prime is a lot more powerful than the stock light and I've read a lot of threads about AI Primes burning corals in nano tanks and have been a little nervous about going full strength out of the gate!
 
I’m running David Saxby schedule and have nothing but great results on it. Lots of up and down ramping to give the corals breaks. I believe it’s like simulating ( cloud coverage )

7C1286C1-F895-4D19-A62F-7AFAD1492D6B.png
I've been considering this schedule. Are you using it on the original intensity as per the download? How long did you run the acclimation schedule and from what starting %? Sorry about all the questions.
Tia
 
Send me your email. I can send it to you.
Can I get your help with schedule also I'm new to reefing I have fluval Evo need a good setting till I can get par meter at LFS... I would really appreciate it if you could send my email
[email protected]
Thanks again don't want to hurt corals I've had awesome growth with stock light ...but now it's summer almost my tank is to warm with stock lid and light
 
Can I get your help with schedule also I'm new to reefing I have fluval Evo need a good setting till I can get par meter at LFS... I would really appreciate it if you could send my email
[email protected]
Thanks again don't want to hurt corals I've had awesome growth with stock light ...but now it's summer almost my tank is to warm with stock lid and light
Could you send them to me as well; [email protected]
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top