Algae identification ? And critters that’ll eat it !!

Blow off the rocks? Also! How did u get rid of the cyano when it came ? I’m glad this stuff is dying . What’s weird is I see my clowns nibbling at it
It's been observed that a lot of the critters will suddenly devlop an appetite for it once it starts to die.
I think it's becuse it's soft and stinky now.

Blow off the rocks with a turkey Baster (my reef survival tool), to get as much of the decomposing plant into the floss or sock as you can.

I keept the dead plant "dust " down and out of the tank , without disturbing the meds , so it didn't just rot in the tank.

Then water changes pulled the extra N/P that was produced out or the water.
 
It's been observed that a lot of the critters will suddenly devlop an appetite for it once it starts to die.
I think it's becuse it's soft and stinky now.

Blow off the rocks with a turkey Baster (my reef survival tool), to get as much of the decomposing plant into the floss or sock as you can.

I keept the dead plant "dust " down and out of the tank , without disturbing the meds , so it didn't just rot in the tank.

Then water changes pulled the extra N/P that was produced out or the water.
Ok gotcha !!!! Basically just tried to take as much of the dead plant out of the tank when you could with the badger ,Then after a few weeks do a water change .
 
Thanks again! If necessary later on can fluconazole be dosed again.
You bet.
And yes it can.
IMO, if after the the ten to 15 day mark, I'd redose the tank if needed. Before the first water change.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top