• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Another Review of Fraggle Reef

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
ok hers updated pic were on day 5 i think still just two opening but still very small
IMG_0210.jpg
 
i call dibs! i call dibs! :D jody...that's really weird b/c only 2 polyps opened up for me too, out of 5. but then i moved them and did furan2 dips. i think they were sensitive to stronger flow as well.
 
I don't know if that was it, mine were in a sheltered area with low flow until they recovered from shipping, they never did:( I also didn't do any dips, so that couldn't have killed mine.
 
also the frags weren't fragged through the razor under the mat method, nor razoer under the slice of LR under the mat method. The mother colony's LR was chopped, judging by the frags that we got. So either there was a fungus present prior to fragging, worsening due to stress upon early shipping without being fully acclimated in miguel's tank... or they are just crappy shippers. Another possibility might be that they commited suicide because they were embarassed to be mounted on some point of sale clamshell. It's the ******* mystery...
 
Last edited:
thanks for the pics i believe i have them--about 50-60 polyps




mine look just like that hope everything turns out for you guys
 
thanks for the pics i believe i have them--about 50-60 polyps




mine look just like that hope everything turns out for you guys

i remeber you posted some pics in id forum if my memory is correct they sure looked like them if mine die id be up for a trade.
 
Here is the colony again:

resizeforchad.jpg


I saw these Friday and I must say, they look exactly like the shiznits that you guys have been posting. Chad's lighting on that side of the tank has no blue at all (strictly 10k), and it's a closeup pic, but I'd be willing to bet that under my lighting (:D) they would look just like the pics you guys have taken. We're not in too much of a hurry to frag or to trade as he just got the colony last week and we don't want any frags melting on people :) I will say this though, Chad glued a tiny piece of ******* to a frag plug the day that he got it and it's doing great, so it seems like it's going to do pretty well.
 
Honestly, they never get a dang thing in, but Chad and I have complained enough and have stopped spending money with them, so they decided to listen ;) It helps to have a bf that has been going there for several years (10+) and has some "leverage" :D
 
I'm not sure those are shiznits. The shiznits Miguel had are bright red with a bright green skirt. Even under 10k the centers would look red, they just wouldn't glow as bright. Those look more pink to me. But I'm not an expert at id'ing things:)
 
I'm not sure those are shiznits. The shiznits Miguel had are bright red with a bright green skirt. Even under 10k the centers would look red, they just wouldn't glow as bright. Those look more pink to me. But I'm not an expert at id'ing things:)

I'm pretty sure those are pink asterinas.:)
pinkasterina.jpg
 
Whatever they end up being is cool, I just thought that there was a chance that they could be shiznits. I'll post more pics when they're under bluer light :)
 
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top