Any DIY Orphek Atlantik v4 Mount Ideas?

I used 2 metal conduit pole I bought from Home Depot. You have to use a tool that bends the poles 90 degrees then attach them to a square wooden frame. I used 1x4" wood for the frame. The pole are rather long so I had mine cut by someone at a bodyshop using his commercial grade bandsaw. I'll take a picture of it for more details but hopefully you get the idea.
 
I used 15 series 8020 aluminum. It fits perfectly.
314654240_10229014586172134_7444165700914329423_n.jpg
 
I have my Atlantiks (1 full, 1 compact) as a pendant with 10-series 80/20. Hardest part was finding the right parts to attach the lights to slot into the extrusion tracks (note, this was 4-5 years ago).

8525F7B7-77B0-49B6-AA3D-8E29C358FEAA.jpeg

2E1B02C4-8319-4F13-8951-0F9F6592DC20.jpeg

That said, it was so much easier than the lengths I’m having to go through to mount AP9X’s to 80/20 for a tank upgrade. Going to have to 3D print a few pieces to make that happen :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
How did you secure the t-slot to the lights?

This was probably the hardest part since the included mounting points aren’t compatible with t-slots, and, I wanted to create some separation between the light and the mount. Spent a lot of time at a specialty home depot that had a lot of hardware (for drawers) that slotted into the T. But I was also looking for a (somewhat) visually attractive solution, which reduced options.

You could easily adapt some of the track guide options from 80/20, and then find a bolt/screw with the right thread to attack the mount to the light unit to the t-slot, including some washers/separators to create some distance between the light and extrusions.
 
I'm building a light mount now for the Orphek lights 2- Icon lights, with 2 - Blue sky OR3 120 mount on the outside. The light frame will mount to a motorized mount(electric desk legs).

Does anyone have pics or links to what hardware they used to mount the lights to the T-slot alum extrusion? I'm going to use the 15 series(1.5") extrusion.
 
I'm building a light mount now for the Orphek lights 2- Icon lights, with 2 - Blue sky OR3 120 mount on the outside. The light frame will mount to a motorized mount(electric desk legs).

Does anyone have pics or links to what hardware they used to mount the lights to the T-slot alum extrusion? I'm going to use the 15 series(1.5") extrusion.
16802236434302313781800415824647.jpg
 
They also fit into T-slot track made for woodworking. Here is what i used.
T Track 48 inch for Woodworking... This is what I came up with for ventilation.
 

Attachments

  • 20230330_190812.jpg
    20230330_190812.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 104
Received the 15 series extrusion today and built the light rack. But the fitting from the light doesn't fit on this extrusion. If I force it, it barely fits and doesn't slide. You can see in the photo where I tried to grind the alum channel. That's a lot of work and doesn't look good at all.

Any suggestion?


11.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top