Anybody else have a live camera on their tank?

I do. We have small earthquakes often, so I like to be able to look quickly and make sure I don’t need to run home.
 
I do. We have small earthquakes often, so I like to be able to look quickly and make sure I don’t need to run home.
It reminds me of a time where I looked at my camera, one time, and it was super cloudy and white, turned out the kalk malfunctioned and overdosed my tank. I ran home and did a water change so it did save my tank.
 
This is just a sump with 100 pounds of rock in it... that has been there for 20 years.
The rocks is that pretty much for biodiversity? And if so, do you think that that helps with algae control in your opinion? Because I believe it helps with my tank
 
The rocks is that pretty much for biodiversity? And if so, do you think that that helps with algae control in your opinion? Because I believe it helps with my tank
No idea... There are a lot of sponges and other benthic stuff in there, miles of tube worms, etc. It is a detritus trap for sure. I used to stir it up and siphon out... meh.
 
This is just a sump with 100 pounds of rock in it... that has been there for 20 years.
Thank you. Covered in sponges, or is that a trick of the light or defect of my eyesight?

20 year rock is the life engine of a solid reef! Thanks for the picture and clarification.
 
Thank you. Covered in sponges, or is that a trick of the light or defect of my eyesight?

20 year rock is the life engine of a solid reef! Thanks for the picture and clarification.
The sponges are mostly underneath. The black and white and IR makes it look weird. It is dark in there now.
The rock is mostly covered in silt. I don't dust it off very often. I had a beautiful green brittle monster that would keep it pretty clean but he pried the guard off of the return pump and self terminated last summer. I was rather fond of him too.
 
3 amcrest - for when I’m on vacation and when at work

1st - top view of all my tanks.
2nd - front view of one of DT
3rd - front view of my QT and nano tank

Gives me a good idea of my fish tanks health (power outage, weird anomalies (ie dead fish stuck to powerheads, etc while I’m at work)
 
Yes on the tank, the tank room, the frag tank, the sump and the ato container. :)

You watch videos of your ATO container?

Wow, we need to get Rev some better things to do. lol
 
i’d be forced to use an orange filter on my camera if i had one for the DT. i run blues so i wouldn’t have as good as a shot as yours with full white
I would have this same issue
 
Suggestion: Don't only check the video but also the sound after setting up your camera. Hearing all the water noise that the camera picks up can be quite alarming if you hear it for the first time while you're away. Make sure you know what "normal" sounds like.
 
What would you all recommend for a tank which reflects the glass door opposite it, and has no place to plug it in if I position it a few feet in front of the tank? If I attach it to the tank what kind of view would I get? Are there cameras designed to be used this way? Tank is 60"W x 22"H x 24"D Thanks!
 
What would you all recommend for a tank which reflects the glass door opposite it, and has no place to plug it in if I position it a few feet in front of the tank? If I attach it to the tank what kind of view would I get? Are there cameras designed to be used this way? Tank is 60"W x 22"H x 24"D Thanks!
You could always get a wall mount and mount it directly near the tank if that is possible. I've seen others who have cameras either mounted on their tank or very close to it, so maybe they can chime in!
 
I wish I had one of theese.
I think it would be so cool to watch while at school.
But I also have no clue how to set it up to not look massively ugly while I'm gone.
I even moved the powerheads to the back of the tank so I wouldn't see em.

The tank is also in bedroom so that might be a problem.
 
Yes on the tank, the tank room, the frag tank, the sump and the ato container. :)
Your aquarium showcase badge.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I Dont Believe That Sydney Sweeney GIF by Amazon Prime Video
 
Mine is apart of my auto feeder, it was 100 on Amazon and is amazing
i got this too and absolutely love the camera. however I want 2 more off these but I dont want additional feeders. hell i dont even use the feeder on it right now. I have an apex afs. Wish they sold it as a stand alone.
 
You can get Blink cameras from Amazon for ~ $25 when they are on sale (often)

Live view (with no ability to record) is free, no subscription required.

If you want to keep recordings it’s $30 a year.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top