Anyone know anything about this anemone? It looks like an octopus!

cryptics

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2011
Messages
783
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has a few of these. Want to know if anyone has any idea what they are. The guy says they are super sticky. Excuse the bad photos

IMG_11001_zps6bbc02dd.jpg


IMG_11011_zps42df22cd.jpg
 
Has he said anything about the sting? I'm thinking it might be a fire anemone.
 
He said it hurt and said most don't because he has done it so long


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Sounds like the anemone I am referring to. It's referred to as the hells fire anemone.
 
I just read up on its sting. I don't think that was it. What I read was like putting your hand over a lighter for 5-7 seconds. He said it hurt more than a haddoni. I think he would have mentioned if it was that bad.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
It looks like you turned an octopus and buried his head in the sand


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I have seen some similar to this in other threads and I believe they call them octopus tentacle or squid tentacle nems but I'm not 100% sure
 
Hard to tell but that looks like the squid tentacle anemone that my wholesaler just got in. I'm getting one tomorrow.
squid anemone.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top