Jun 23, 2013 #1 C cryptics Well-Known Member View Badges Joined Aug 12, 2011 Messages 783 Reaction score 1 Location NY Rating - 0% 0 0 0 My LFS has a few of these. Want to know if anyone has any idea what they are. The guy says they are super sticky. Excuse the bad photos
My LFS has a few of these. Want to know if anyone has any idea what they are. The guy says they are super sticky. Excuse the bad photos
Jun 23, 2013 #2 SeahorseKeeper Where's the mysis? View Badges Staff member Super Moderator Excellence Award Article Contributor NJRC Member Hospitality Award Joined May 27, 2012 Messages 12,799 Reaction score 3,976 Location Wandering somewhere in NC What state or country do you live in North Carolina Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Has he said anything about the sting? I'm thinking it might be a fire anemone.
Jun 23, 2013 #3 OP OP C cryptics Well-Known Member View Badges Joined Aug 12, 2011 Messages 783 Reaction score 1 Location NY Rating - 0% 0 0 0 He said it hurt and said most don't because he has done it so long Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
Jun 23, 2013 #4 SeahorseKeeper Where's the mysis? View Badges Staff member Super Moderator Excellence Award Article Contributor NJRC Member Hospitality Award Joined May 27, 2012 Messages 12,799 Reaction score 3,976 Location Wandering somewhere in NC What state or country do you live in North Carolina Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Sounds like the anemone I am referring to. It's referred to as the hells fire anemone.
Jun 23, 2013 #5 OP OP C cryptics Well-Known Member View Badges Joined Aug 12, 2011 Messages 783 Reaction score 1 Location NY Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I just read up on its sting. I don't think that was it. What I read was like putting your hand over a lighter for 5-7 seconds. He said it hurt more than a haddoni. I think he would have mentioned if it was that bad. Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
I just read up on its sting. I don't think that was it. What I read was like putting your hand over a lighter for 5-7 seconds. He said it hurt more than a haddoni. I think he would have mentioned if it was that bad. Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
Jun 23, 2013 #6 OP OP C cryptics Well-Known Member View Badges Joined Aug 12, 2011 Messages 783 Reaction score 1 Location NY Rating - 0% 0 0 0 It looks like you turned an octopus and buried his head in the sand Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
Jul 6, 2013 #7 M Muney Mun Active Member View Badges Joined May 27, 2013 Messages 389 Reaction score 0 Location Amory ms Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I have seen some similar to this in other threads and I believe they call them octopus tentacle or squid tentacle nems but I'm not 100% sure
I have seen some similar to this in other threads and I believe they call them octopus tentacle or squid tentacle nems but I'm not 100% sure
Jul 10, 2013 #8 J Johmanda Well-Known Member View Badges Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 625 Reaction score 1 Location Riverview, FL Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Hard to tell but that looks like the squid tentacle anemone that my wholesaler just got in. I'm getting one tomorrow.
Hard to tell but that looks like the squid tentacle anemone that my wholesaler just got in. I'm getting one tomorrow.
Jul 10, 2013 #9 Bjohn Active Member View Badges Joined Jan 27, 2013 Messages 372 Reaction score 5 Location Canada Rating - 0% 0 0 0 That thing looks evil
Jul 10, 2013 #10 J Johmanda Well-Known Member View Badges Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 625 Reaction score 1 Location Riverview, FL Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I hope the eels will leave it alone.