Are these sea cucumbers ok for my reef?

The sand, although it seems "molded", does not have any mucus of aggregation, it is easily dismantled with any current of water ...

Beautiful acquisition!

Good luck!
Poop is like clumped sand and some grey stuff. Is that normal? Also its hiding under rock, and eats something on the rock too. I thought they only prefer sand.
 
Poop is like clumped sand and some grey stuff. Is that normal? Also its hiding under rock, and eats something on the rock too. I thought they only prefer sand.
Yes, they can dig under the rocks and there is a risk of collapse if they are stacked on top of each other. They also feed on micro algae, similar to turbo snails, more in the sand than in rocks or glazing, but also.
 
Mine hasn’t but my fish do. Their body is like a bag of water so they kina jus slide on through. Mine stays on the rock or glass. It might go in between corals but never over them. I used to worry about it getting sucked into a power head but it stays away from them. Who knows maybe I’m just lucky.

Most powerheads are safe, but not an EcoTech Marine VorTech. A friend had a cuke get stuck on one, probably because of the design. Most PHs would require a cuke to crawl out onto the PH intake area, but not the VorTech. Since his cuke was unable to get off of it, it did what comes naturally to try and escape - eviscerate. He lost half his tank in the subsequent cuke nuke.
 
Most powerheads are safe, but not an EcoTech Marine VorTech. A friend had a cuke get stuck on one, probably because of the design. Most PHs would require a cuke to crawl out onto the PH intake area, but not the VorTech. Since his cuke was unable to get off of it, it did what comes naturally to try and escape - eviscerate. He lost half his tank in the subsequent cuke nuke.
I have jebao and coralbox wavemakers
 
Yes, they can dig under the rocks and there is a risk of collapse if they are stacked on top of each other. They also feed on micro algae, similar to turbo snails, more in the sand than in rocks or glazing, but also.
My rocks wont move, as they were placed first, then the sand
 
I have Tunze power heads that push a lot of flow. If I had to make an assumption I’d say the cuke can feel the pull of the power head and decides not to progress further.
 
I have Tunze power heads that push a lot of flow. If I had to make an assumption I’d say the cuke can feel the pull of the power head and decides not to progress further.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top