Arthur's Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Build Thread

Fringe09

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
630
Reaction score
329
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have my tank up and running!

Here is what I have so far:
  • Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
  • Deltec SCA 2060H Internal Protein Skimmer with Manual Self-Cleaning Head
  • EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w G4 Pro (4)
  • EcoTech VorTech Battery Backup (2)
  • EcoTech VorTech MP60w QD (2)
  • JBJ Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP
  • JBJ True Temp Heating System w/ Controller & Titanium Heating Element T3 – 300
  • Milwaukee MA887 Refractometer
  • Neptune Systems Apex Controller System
  • Neptune Systems ATO Kit
  • Neptune Systems DOS Dosing and Fluid Metering System and Dual Reservoir Combo Kit
  • Neptune Systems Energy Bar 832 for Apex
  • Neptune VorTech Wireless Module: WXM
  • Syncra Silent 4.0 Pump (for chiller)
  • AE-P2 Media Reactor w/ Pump
  • VarioS-8 Controllable DC Pump
  • Advanced Acrylics PVC/Hybrid Acrylic ATO Reservoir 20 gallons
  • Kessil H380 with A-Series Mounting Arm
  • Artfully Acrylic Mesh Lid
DT01.jpg


DT_30.jpg
 
Last edited:
ooo very nice build! I just got a xxl 625 myslf and love it! Have you thought about running the radeons sideways for better front to back coverage? A friend of mine is running one and his SPS is dead on the shadow side of the stick but alive where the light hits, hope this helps. I just ordered the 5280 pod bundle myself from Algae Barn. Got a first time customer buy one get one free deal. Was everything alive?
 
Beautiful tank, a few questions if you don't mind.
In the skimmer section of the sump, there are 2 set of preset black strips that you can put the baffle in it and turn that big section into a refugium (front section) and a section for skimmer (back section).
If you put the baffle into the first set of strips, what is the dimensions of the refugium? and if you put the baffle into the second set of strips, what is the dimension of the refugium?
Is there enough space for you to put the skimmer into the section in the front and then use the back section for a refugium?

thanks
 
ooo very nice build! I just got a xxl 625 myslf and love it! Have you thought about running the radeons sideways for better front to back coverage? A friend of mine is running one and his SPS is dead on the shadow side of the stick but alive where the light hits, hope this helps. I just ordered the 5280 pod bundle myself from Algae Barn. Got a first time customer buy one get one free deal. Was everything alive?

I'll for sure run it sideways if needed. Without any corals, I don't ever turn them on except to show friends and family.

In regards to the pods, things seem to be moving around. So I think something is alive. I need a magnifying glass for a better look.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top