• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Baby Rock Flower Anemones

If you have any patience, you can bonk the rock with a hammer over a mixing bowl for release. That takes time though. Ice cube works sometimes if it transfers to the foot. Aiming a powerhead at them will promote movement, but be around to pick up the wanderers.
 
If you have any patience, you can bonk the rock with a hammer over a mixing bowl for release. That takes time though. Ice cube works sometimes if it transfers to the foot. Aiming a powerhead at them will promote movement, but be around to pick up the wanderers.

Most of my rock is cemented together with marcorock cement. I will probably have to try the powerhead and ice trick.
 
. I will probably have to try the powerhead and ice trick.

Another trick I've used. I cut a 1/4" strip off my old plastic insurance card. A third of the thickness of a credit card. Round the edges and try to massage that under the foot for release. If they are in a rock, then its difficult.
 
Thank you. Well see how a high population density of RFAs affects the tank. I bet there is going to be a lot of chemical warfare going on once they reach a certain size.
How do you figure? If they are the same species and from the same brood. I may be incorrect. But nems dont really have chemical warefare. They fight with their tentacles.
 
Another trick I've used. I cut a 1/4" strip off my old plastic insurance card. A third of the thickness of a credit card. Round the edges and try to massage that under the foot for release. If they are in a rock, then its difficult.

Thanks. I will definitely try that.

How do you figure? If they are the same species and from the same brood. I may be incorrect. But nems dont really have chemical warefare. They fight with their tentacles.

Yes, from my understanding they sting with their tentacles. Most are the size of a nickel/quarter now and are clustered together. I am hoping that as they grow, they spread out.
 
Man I live up in dallas.. be a heck of a drive but I've been wanting to start my collection up more. I have 4 now. But my stores sell "ultras" for 80$ witch are 2 colors max.. lame. But you are tempting me to take a road trip right now lol
 
They are starting to growing fast as a few have reached half-dollar size. I would wait until they get a little bigger, probably sometime around June/July. Sounds like an excuse to bring the kids down to Fiesta Texas/Sea World.
 
Lol if I had kids! I may have a friend who would want a few to if I can convince him into going on the drive and actually spending money to. But hes got a 45 gal with a few RFAs. Lemme know when you get some of decent size.
 
If you ever find yourself coming to Houston i would be interested in 6
 
Lol if I had kids! I may have a friend who would want a few to if I can convince him into going on the drive and actually spending money to. But hes got a 45 gal with a few RFAs. Lemme know when you get some of decent size.
I'm in Ft Worth, maybe we could get a group buy going. A few people chipping in for gas would make the drive worth it. I'd probably go for 10 if the price is right.
 
Sent a PM. I'm in Austin and want probably 10, maybe more.
 
I'm in Ft Worth, maybe we could get a group buy going. A few people chipping in for gas would make the drive worth it. I'd probably go for 10 if the price is right.
Defiently be a fun day trip.
 
I want to complement you on your tank. It looks fantastic. Good luck getting those little ones off of the rock lol!! Have you noticed any causing problems with your other corals?
 
I want to complement you on your tank. It looks fantastic. Good luck getting those little ones off of the rock lol!! Have you noticed any causing problems with your other corals?
For some corals it is causing problems. For one favia and a few acans, it is receding where larger RFA's are. For another favia, it doesn't seem to care.
 
So I have sold about 15 locally. I plan on switching to shipping soon. My plan is to isolate each RFA into a urine sample cup, then take a picture of that exact one and offer it up for sale. My problem I am coming across is finding a fixed rate for 1 day shipping anywhere in the US. I have a UPS store right next to my work and I was told I should create my own account for the best price. The store manager said a flat one-day shipping rate anywhere in the US does not exist for UPS. Guess I will charge the price of each RFA plus the exact shipping rate. Is there a better way? Also, if I can get any shipping advice that would be great. I plan on using a 5" box insulated with styrofoam and stuffed with newspaper around the urine sample cups. Are there any other steps I need to consider? Thanks in advance for any advice.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top