Bean animal pipe configuration in a narrow overflow box

Here's my setup with the Maggie on 1" pipe
83e041e271972d4f20ca699abf15755a.jpg

Thanks man !!! The mag pipe is on the durso or stability pipe I guess.

Regards,
Abhsihek
 
Btw you can get street 90's Sch80 online. May want to run without until then.
 
+1 to cutting down the threads on the bulkhead.
+1 to trying street elbows. (try sch40 just to see if it works)

Good luck!
 
Don’t do anything crazy or complex. Do straight pipes. Take the T and 90 off.

Main drain should be fully submerged. 2nd should just have a trickle. Emergency high but not enough to overflow the box on to the floor.

I have this exact issue on my overflow. All the 90s wouldn’t fit. Someone directed me to the Bill’s talk. Took a bit of experimenting but this setup is dead silent. I’m mean zero noise.

Keep in mind the lower you make your main drain pipe in the overflow box the more water will drain in a power outage. 2nd tip is to make the second drain pretty high so there is less drop from the weir into the box. This really cut down noise for me.

Hope this helps. I’ll try to take some pics tomorrow.
 
Just run it without the downturned elbows.

This. I have mine set up as three straight pipes (well shortest one is just a filter), one full siphon, one barely trickling and one dry for emergency. No noise.
 
Yeah with Bean's design, which I personally do not deviate from, the overflow box width and height can play a factor to what plumbing you use. In my case I have a external overflow that is plumbed with two outer returns of 1 inch. The drain lines are 1.5 inches. However, when I tried to use the 1.5" plumbing parts in his design it wouldn't fit. Just no way because the sani-tees are too big. Same if I went with other options like you showed.

If you look at Bean's design he also had 1.5 inch plumbing but reduced the overflow / internal to 1 inch and let the lower pipes to the sump run at 1.5 inch. So that is what I did. Once I repurchased with 1" fittings for inside the overflow everything fit. It really is a nice design.
 
I wanted to run a bean setup onmy build too, but ran into the same problems. I ended up cutting my drain straight pipes to different lengths, the main drain with a strainer and is completely submerged. Emergency 1 is just at the water line and allows for a trickle of water to enter - the other two are an inch below the top of my over flow flow. It's quiet - I run 10k liters of then over through my sump and it doesn't make noise.

If you want to hear it in person, swing on by sometime!
 
The other thing you could do is cut the ends of the 90s down. There’s quite a bit of material there and you don’t need it all for a secure connection.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top