Best T5 fixture for 72x18 tank???

Why? Too hot?

Yes. The problem is noticeable on the Dimmable sunpowers. The light goes into safe mode when it gets too hot.

The light takes air in from the top. Exhausts on the side. You might be alright with a 60" light on a 72" tank.
 
Yes. The problem is noticeable on the Dimmable sunpowers. The light goes into safe mode when it gets too hot.

The light takes air in from the top. Exhausts on the side. You might be alright with a 60" light on a 72" tank.
Yeah I don't think I'd do a 72". I think the 60" would be perfect. Plus I don't think I'd be going with the dimmable ones but not positive yet
 
I have an 8 bulb 48" in my canopy on a standard 120 gal tank. Only about a half inch on each side of the fixture where the air vents. It's never run hot at all. Back of the canopy is open. Air flow and temp management is what makes ATI fixtures so effective.
 
I have an 8 bulb 48" in my canopy on a standard 120 gal tank. Only about a half inch on each side of the fixture where the air vents. It's never run hot at all. Back of the canopy is open. Air flow and temp management is what makes ATI fixtures so effective.
Good to know! The back of my canopy is open too so if its a 60" it'll have more than enough room for air.
 
Yessir you'll be in good shape. And my recommendation is a 6 bulb on your 18" tank.
 
Yessir you'll be in good shape. And my recommendation is a 6 bulb on your 18" tank.
I was thinkin about it. Someone on one of my local forums is selling an 8 bulb bnib fixture but it doesn't have bulbs. But they're selling it for $575 which is over $100 off retail so I dunno if I wanna pull the trigger just yet
 
Contact ATI directly. They sell brand new scratch and dent fixtures for a good 20% off.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top