Black Tangs… where are they?

Do you still have your black tang?


  • Total voters
    42
And how under appreciated this near all black demsel is for black tang collectors…, for a brief second, I thought I was seeing three of this damsels in that video lol

Looks like my ugliest fish my domino clown. A fish I regret as it is also a bit aggressive
IMG_1882.jpeg
 
I think it’s time to talk about how over-rated Zebra tangs are….

Just a couple more lines to the convicts result in quite a few more zeros in $$

Same reason why people buy Porsche instead of Volkswagon :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
I may have bought an ugly black fish….
IMG_7745.jpeg
see, that’s not ugly as it’s body shape is unusual. A black tangs body shape is… nothing special I guess (It’s just a mutated Yellow tang)
 
I may have bought an ugly black fish….
IMG_7745.jpeg
Well, apparently in google images this is either a Barramundi or a Black Mollie. My vote is the Barramundi :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Well, apparently in google images this is either a Barramundi or a Black Mollie. My vote is the Barramundi :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I mean barramundi is slightly closer….
It’s the arrowhead Soapfish, only relative of the Dr Seuss
 
I mean barramundi is slightly closer….
It’s the arrowhead Soapfish, only relative of the Dr Seuss
Dang, that wasn’t what I thought it was, I thought it was a Liopropoma species
 
Im shocked at how small the two soapfish are!

Dr Seuss is only 3 inches and the Arrowhead is 6 inches. I saw the name and thought it would be quite big (8-9”). Maybe I’ve been put on the radar of another fish if I get a larger tank.
 
Im shocked at how small the two soapfish are!

Dr Seuss is only 3 inches and the Arrowhead is 6 inches. I saw the name and thought it would be quite big (8-9”). Maybe I’ve been put on the radar of another fish if I get a larger tank.
Yeah and the red one that @lion king answered in a different thread is only about 1” long at the LFS
 
Black tangs, the F117 Stealth Fighter of the reef! They have been a favorite of mine for decades. I was fortunate enough to own a trio of babies (1" long), raised to young adults, back in the early 2000's. I like the long snout and the all black color. I enjoyed their contrast against the colorful reef. Back then we could get them for $150 each ( I was friends with a LFS owner!). I wish I could afford one of them today!

black tang fish.jpeg
 
Here ya go.....
I know we're here hating on the looks of the black tang, but can we pause and discuss the intellect of these poor, simple creatures and their brethren?

I mean, there is another clip full of nori in full view in the tank. Any one of them could have a solo feast. It isn't until 2:43 that one of them realizes there's more food. To the black tang's credit, it was the bright child that figured it out, so there's that at least.
 
I know we're here hating on the looks of the black tang, but can we pause and discuss the intellect of these poor, simple creatures and their brethren?

I mean, there is another clip full of nori in full view in the tank. Any one of them could have a solo feast. It isn't until 2:43 that one of them realizes there's more food. To the black tang's credit, it was the bright child that figured it out, so there's that at least.
If you want dumb I’ll raise you my lionfish. I put a few guppies in the box with my Soapfish. The rest in the tank with the lion. But the lion has been exclusively staring at the 3 it can’t eat.:face-with-tears-of-joy:
IMG_7760.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top