Blennies can you have multiple in one aquarium

I have both a bi-color blenny and a midas blenny in my 150 lagoon. Added the midas blenny a couple months after the bi-color. No issues at all.
 
My Midas Blenny was the last fish I introduced to my tank. He immediately stole the barnacle in the front of the tank from the resident Springeri damsel. They had a turf war for a day or so but once the Blenny was in the barnacle he didn’t stray far enough from it to lose it. They get along fine now, opposite sides of the tank for the most part. Hands down my favorite fish in the tank just for his personality.
 
I have a tailspot and a midas in a 90 gallon and they don't bother each other at all. In my opinion, every saltwater tank should have at least one blenny! I guess I am just fortunate/lucky to have two!
 
My midas blenny is an a hole. Took the tail fin off my Naoko wrasse, and has nipped the fins on one or two anthias. Also tried to move my Magnificent foxface across the tank by his dorsal fin! That being said, things have calmed down. Fish give him right of way. Gets along okay with a bicolor blenny and a lawnmower blenny. They are in a 500gallon though.
 
Starry Blenny and a Tailspot Blenny here. The Starry was a little aggressive towards the Tailspot at first but they live in harmony and ignore each other now.
 
I’m upgrading to a 90 gallon tank, I already have a lawnmower blenny and I’d like to add a tail spot and a Midas blenny, if added at the same time could I get away with 3 blennies in a 90 gallon? I also have a watchman goby that’s moving over when the 90 gallon is ready.
If it’s not advisable I can always keep the lawnmower blenny in the nano tank or one of the other blennies.
Anyone have 3 or more blennies in their aquarium?
I have a lawnmower, striped, bi-color, and lyretail in my 180, and all is well. I had a Midas in QT, but the cat killed it before I could move it to the main tank; I may try another.
 
I’m upgrading to a 90 gallon tank, I already have a lawnmower blenny and I’d like to add a tail spot and a Midas blenny, if added at the same time could I get away with 3 blennies in a 90 gallon? I also have a watchman goby that’s moving over when the 90 gallon is ready.
If it’s not advisable I can always keep the lawnmower blenny in the nano tank or one of the other blennies.
Anyone have 3 or more blennies in their aquarium?
I know old post but wanted to add my experience I’ve kept a striped fang blenny flame tail blenny and lawnmower blenny for 6 months now in a 90 they don’t even pay attention to each other my flame tail sometimes will pick at the fanged blenny at feeding time but other than that they have there own holes and they tend to stay within a few inches of the bolt holes
 
I have a Midas and a Lawmower in an 88 gallon that live on opposite sides of the tank. The Midas will free swim and periodically perch like a mermaid under my clam. I highly recommend both! I'd love to add a bi-color too...

1684400246905.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top