Bonding Acrylic to Glass Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwair
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Excel bar clamps are all plastic. You said you need to attach a new piece to the partition to keep macro out of the pump section. Not sure if the layout allows for clamping. Most overflows have teeth to keep out stuff. You would just need a some sort of egg crate screen covered with plastic mesh. These clamps might do the job with out silicone

Tbh this might do the trick. Might have to modify the clamps on the small version to make them even smaller, but I could clamp the Weir to the sump wall. As they are plastic, they can just stay there forever. Hmm. This might be the solution I was looking for.
 
Why not just put heaters in the tank remove a little bit of water use the gutter guard I linked it has a channel on one side silicone that in place they are a few bucks and done wait 24 hrs and turn it all back on. Heck you might be able to just slip it on and see if it works before all that they have a fine screen on them as well it’s under $3 I’d try that first
 
Why not just put heaters in the tank remove a little bit of water use the gutter guard I linked it has a channel on one side silicone that in place they are a few bucks and done wait 24 hrs and turn it all back on. Heck you might be able to just slip it on and see if it works before all that they have a fine screen on them as well it’s under $3 I’d try that first
I mean its no different that using the Weir that I've already found. You are missing the point that I don't want to silicone as it isn't cured in 24 hours. Takes a full week for it to fully cure. I'm not chancing running chemcials in my tank after a 24 hour cure.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top