Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

@Fin I love the way that looks! Old? No. One of my twit young co-workers said Happy Birthday you old bat, my response was "I prefer experienced predator". We know things. ;)
Thanks. I was pretty proud of it back then. Now it looks funny to me. My goal was to eventually go for a reef tank, but there really wasn't a lot available back then to keep coral alive. Lighting mostly. There were four 4' shop lights inside of each of those two hanging fixtures, with each fixture having two lights. So, there was 16 4' Vita Lite Power Twis bulbs above the tank. It was bright, but not really the right spectrum. Not sure now what spectrum they were.

Wish I had taken more pics of it when it was full of fish. I had brought home a tiny little 4" remora from the LFS and he got to be over a foot long. He was actually a pretty cool fish. He would stick to the inside of the front glass and just hang there, until I walked in front of the tank. Then he would follow me back and forth and spit water at me so I would feed him some fresh Gulf shrimp. :-)
 
@tdlawdo our 10yr lab Shepherd mix has back leg weakness and stumbles when he walks. Real noticeable today. He wobbles from side to side and his feet want to slide out from under him. We will be going to the vet Monday. Suggestions till than. We are really fearing the worst.
 
@Fin I love the way that looks! Old? No. One of my twit young co-workers said Happy Birthday you old bat, my response was "I prefer experienced predator". We know things. ;)
We are better at hiding bodies. :-)
 
@tdlawdo our 10yr lab Shepherd mix has back leg weakness and stumbles when he walks. Real noticeable today. He wobbles from side to side and his feet want to slide out from under him. We will be going to the vet Monday. Suggestions till than. We are really fearing the worst.
Sorry to hear this. Hoping for the best.
 
@tdlawdo our 10yr lab Shepherd mix has back leg weakness and stumbles when he walks. Real noticeable today. He wobbles from side to side and his feet want to slide out from under him. We will be going to the vet Monday. Suggestions till than. We are really fearing the worst.
I hate to hear that. I'm sorry. Do you think he may have had a stroke?
 
2 feral kittens
IMG_20190622_202214403.jpg
 
We would be friends in person!
Partners in crime with an ex law enforcement officer would be interesting.
:-) I once had a former cop friend. We used to drag race. Him in his Chevy 454 cruiser and me in my TransAm. Down the main street in town in the wee hours of the morning. :-)
 
Partners in crime with an ex law enforcement officer would be interesting.
:) I once had a former cop friend. We used to drag race. Him in his Chevy 454 cruiser and me in my TransAm. Down the main street in town in the wee hours of the morning. :)
My friends and I raced too. My Miata would win over the old cruisers.
 
My friends and I raced too. My Miata would win over the old cruisers.
I have to admit, it was kind of a rush. :) Once we were racing down Ryan St (main drag) at about 3 am and we pulled into the K-Mart parking lot, across the street from Sambo's (which was a 24-7 diner). Apparently someone at Sambo's saw us racing and phoned it in and we heard the call come in over his police radio. Fortunately, my car was obstructing their view and they only saw my car. He radioed back and said he was sitting across the street from that location and no one was racing there. :)

Unfortunately, I also had an enemy on the police force. He was the dispatcher (named Robin) and I may have been running around with his on again - off again girlfriend (Helena). :) I was misbehaving one night in the T/A and got pulled over. I cringed when I heard Robin's voice on the radio. He told the cop that stopped me that he knew me and for him to throw the book at me. I didn't get arrested, but I received SEVEN moving violations! Gotta be some kind of a record. Ha. My friend the cop got the number of the violations reduced and I got off with a fine and a stint in a safe driving course.

I had a few run ins with the local authorities, all about my driving. I had one cop pull me over once just because he wanted to look at the car. :mad: Plus, my roommate at the time had the exact same car as I did, with only a subtle difference in the interior. He was always getting pulled over because the cops didn't know there were two white T/As in town. At the time, there was only a red one, a blue one and two whites. So, he was always getting mixed up with me and my driving habits by the local authorities. :)

Me and my troublemaker. :D Around 75-76. Oh, I bet I have bell bottom jeans on. Ha.

TA.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top