Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I have wondered how long these battery jump packs would run a power head.
upload_2019-6-24_18-54-44.jpeg
I have something like that too. Never had to use it though.

 
Me too. I have an air stone that detects power outages. I would love a power source that did that for a heater.

One could be made fairly simply. Lemme get to work on that sometime.

It would require a relay being set to normally open instead of normally closed and the heater plugged into a battery backup. Fairly simple.
 
One could be made fairly simply. Lemme get to work on that sometime.

It would require a relay being set to normally open instead of normally closed and the heater plugged into a battery backup. Fairly simple.
Really? That makes me happy. How difficult would a battery pack be? Or do you have a suggestion?
 
In the winter heaters are my problem I keep my house at 60 on the warmer days
I have a fireplace for the living room tanks, but not for Andrew's room. Something short term would help. Even better if you can replace batteries for longer use.
 
I have a fireplace for the living room tanks, but not for Andrew's room. Something short term would help. Even better if you can replace batteries for longer use.

By the way I am glad you and Andrew are ok. Storms can be so devastating and there is nothing we can do. Makes you realize how small we are
 
Stopped by an LFS yesterday and said hello to this big fella... not exactly reef friendly but one of my favs!

image_605012616_19700118_193443.jpg

I want one sooo bad, but I don't want to deal with a tank the size it would need lol or the price tag of it. In Canada they cost around $1400, not sure how bad they are in the states...

I have something like that too. Never had to use it though.

Used mine multiple times to boost my truck anyway, fantastic little thing's. Mine is smaller than that one though.
 
I want one sooo bad, but I don't want to deal with a tank the size it would need lol or the price tag of it. In Canada they cost around $1400, not sure how bad they are in the states...



Used mine multiple times to boost my truck anyway, fantastic little thing's. Mine is smaller than that one though.
What kind do you have? A pic?
 
What kind do you have? A pic?

Exact same as what was pictured above but only 1000 cranking amps and not the 4000 cranking amps of the one that is pictured. I'll have a look tomorrow at what the actual battery capacity is on mine

Screenshot_20190624-224222_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hello,

Since my brother is a tech he gave me one for Xmas and I have used it to run wave makers. I used two of my current 2100 and it was full charged and I set them at 40% and I had almost 4 hours. I have the exact same one and it’s interesting how you use it to jump start your car. But playing Pokémon go with four phones plugged in (y connected) it lasted all day and kept them at 100%. From what he told me it was close to 100 but he gets from something called a tool truck. (The box says cornwell tool truck on the price tag?) (amount marked out but it’s amazing and took me forever on how to use it to jump my Jeep with it), but it was amazing.
 
I have a fireplace for the living room tanks, but not for Andrew's room. Something short term would help. Even better if you can replace batteries for longer use.

Sorry to hear about the storm, Glad to hear that everybody is OK and safe.
please keep us updated
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top