Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Glad the Hippy Kid had fun at camp and made it home unscathed. He sure looked happy in those pictures.

Awesome news on the job “search.” Funny how things fall in our laps when we least expect it. You have a lot of good karma built up, so hopefully you can land a nice job that brings you happiness and eases your struggles. I have my fingers crossed for you.

How is your friend that fell doing? Hopefully she is well on the road to recovery.
She is a very bad patient, but yes recovering.
 
hey hey hey

Things are going well, just busy.
I do WC as needed, seems to be every 10-14 days. Mayyyyybe 17 if I'm lucky or lazy or both.
I usually change 50%-75% of the water and scrub the main large rock of the hair algae.
Need to buy a pump for my hob skimmer or buy the necessary overflow from Fijicube and plumbing to just get this 40 drilled and setup, possibly before my 50 is setup :(. But it's in the way the 50 isn't.
So maybe here in July or WCS August I drill the 40 and get it going, shouldn't be too bad, I have cycled rock in the brute still and will just add more sand to cover the 40 bottom.
The fishies are happy and fat.
The WWC slimeball died, other than that everything has grown and colored up.
I like the Tropic Marin Pro reef salt, mixes quickly and clean!
My corals like the salt as well didn't miss a beat during the switch.
I'd love more corals but don't have the time/money right now, as then I'd be further behind getting the 40 drilled and going. That's the focus.
Last time I believe I said the zoas were closed for days and had just opened but ugly and uncolored.? They're now getting larger and much more colorful. So happy about that.

BTW
I love you and miss you all.
 
While looking for a purple firefish yesterday I saw this little 2 head hammer. It looks half toxic green and half blue even when i asked to turn the white lights on.
DSC_0003.JPG
The picture doesnt do it justice, wish i knew how to take better pictures with my phone. I really wanted to pick it up, but the stuff I purchased lately ate my monthly reef budget and I wont reef on credit cards. Hopefully it is still there next week.
 
I thought I'd share this with y'all
image.jpg
Happy he had a great time! Lol there’s so many memes I could make with the kid on the bottom left hahaha, he looks less than thrilled. Beautiful camp though, much nicer than the ones I went to in AZ ! lol.
 
hey hey hey

Things are going well, just busy.
I do WC as needed, seems to be every 10-14 days. Mayyyyybe 17 if I'm lucky or lazy or both.
I usually change 50%-75% of the water and scrub the main large rock of the hair algae.
Need to buy a pump for my hob skimmer or buy the necessary overflow from Fijicube and plumbing to just get this 40 drilled and setup, possibly before my 50 is setup :(. But it's in the way the 50 isn't.
So maybe here in July or WCS August I drill the 40 and get it going, shouldn't be too bad, I have cycled rock in the brute still and will just add more sand to cover the 40 bottom.
The fishies are happy and fat.
The WWC slimeball died, other than that everything has grown and colored up.
I like the Tropic Marin Pro reef salt, mixes quickly and clean!
My corals like the salt as well didn't miss a beat during the switch.
I'd love more corals but don't have the time/money right now, as then I'd be further behind getting the 40 drilled and going. That's the focus.
Last time I believe I said the zoas were closed for days and had just opened but ugly and uncolored.? They're now getting larger and much more colorful. So happy about that.

BTW
I love you and miss you all.
Miss you to bro! Hopefully life will settle down here pretty soon! We miss you around ! You have been missing the major r2r lag issues so maybe consider yourself lucky. We all have more grey hair I’m sure from these past few months. Or no hair in some cases ;)
 
Miss you to bro! Hopefully life will settle down here pretty soon! We miss you around ! You have been missing the major r2r lag issues so maybe consider yourself lucky. We all have more grey hair I’m sure from these past few months. Or no hair in some cases ;)
True dat
 
They are, so are rat tails..
Lol! My parents have a picture of me from 5th grade with a rat tail, spiky hair, and a gold earing. I thought i was the coolest, now its a great laugh for my family.
 
hey hey hey

Things are going well, just busy.
I do WC as needed, seems to be every 10-14 days. Mayyyyybe 17 if I'm lucky or lazy or both.
I usually change 50%-75% of the water and scrub the main large rock of the hair algae.
Need to buy a pump for my hob skimmer or buy the necessary overflow from Fijicube and plumbing to just get this 40 drilled and setup, possibly before my 50 is setup :(. But it's in the way the 50 isn't.
So maybe here in July or WCS August I drill the 40 and get it going, shouldn't be too bad, I have cycled rock in the brute still and will just add more sand to cover the 40 bottom.
The fishies are happy and fat.
The WWC slimeball died, other than that everything has grown and colored up.
I like the Tropic Marin Pro reef salt, mixes quickly and clean!
My corals like the salt as well didn't miss a beat during the switch.
I'd love more corals but don't have the time/money right now, as then I'd be further behind getting the 40 drilled and going. That's the focus.
Last time I believe I said the zoas were closed for days and had just opened but ugly and uncolored.? They're now getting larger and much more colorful. So happy about that.

BTW
I love you and miss you all.
Hey hey! Have not heard from you in a while. Just drill it! I am so glad i drilled my 20 long instead of a hob overflow. I used this bit and it worked great. (I broke my first tank, but it was inexperience)
Actually if you need it, its yours. Dont know if its the right size for your project. Screenshot_20190630-165154_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 
I almost forgot... yesterday I was kinda offered an open ended job. Not sure doing what exactly yet, but it is a government position. NOT being a cop. He has known me a long time. He asked why I was working on the weekend...
He wasn't looking for a national press secretary was he? LOL
 
Redheads just say what other people's filter catches.
I have a hard time with stupid customers. I was at an apartment complex and a tenet was complaining about bugs in her apartment. When I show up all the windows are open and no screens. I told her to shut her windows or deal with bugs. she told me it was hot and asked me to spray. I got a little sarcastic. I told her to deal with the bugs and I wasn't going to treat because she was letting the bugs in. I told her to shut the windows and turn the air on. Her bugs will stop. I walked out shaking my head.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top