Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I am brand new to saltwater. My son got an 8 gallon bio cube. I know this is too small, but I promised I'd try. I have 1 piece of dead coral for decor and that's it. We hope to have 2 tiny fish and maybe 2 shrimp. We also like hermit crabs. What equipment, substrate would you guys suggest? I'd like to use easy (forgiving) live macro algae to help balance this tank. Please be kind with responses. I have been called names elsewhere and was referred here to learn.
one dead coral didn't know lr ls or anything and now your growing sps. And almsot 500 pages later your helping others.
 
Even Luke Skywalker, the greatest Jedi of all time needed training, young padawan. LOL!

Yes but you can't teach hospitality to a Southern Lady...red head or not! They either have it or they don't! After almost 500 pages @Katrina71 she must have had it...that and that Hospitality Award. Bless your heart! LOL!
 
Y'all are sweet. I'm still amazed y'all even talk to a newbie like me. I see your tanks and always think WOW.

Ummm. Have you seen my tank? It scream new guy.
 
Also. I’m very happy to be apart of this thread. Just thought I’d say

Edit: I don’t think I worded the above correctly. But my brain is too fried to enhance the sentence.
 
There is a high school here that you have to be invited to. It is the L&N Stem Academy in Knoxville. I'd like to know what y'all think about trying to get Andrew in there or letting him finish with his peers.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top