Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I'm upset. I suspected my decorator killed my Pike Blenny and my Pederson. I'm sure he killed my sps! I saw him go after the hi fin a little bit ago. I've never had to re-home anything other than a gorilla crab. I really like him too!

That is a tough decision to make. You like him of course and he is a very interesting creature. Not at the expense of everything else perhaps. Really sorry to hear about the Blenny and Pederson’s. Two great critters I would love to have myself.

 
Anyone got any suggestions for fish to look for while im out fish shopping tomorrow? Id say give me corals to look for but ive got that down. haha. i know @Katrina71 will want pics, so i have to make sure i get pretty fish. (Yes im buying a scopas, leave me alone, i know my duties! LOLOL)
 
Whew! I might be fish shopping tomorrow too. I decided to wait until tomorrow so we could go several places.
we will keep in touch! i might find something to get you a lil jelly. (more like to get you to get a bigger tank!)lol
 
Yes, the decorator crab would make a great evil sump underlord... I still have the banded shrimp in my sump. I see a molted exoskeleton every few weeks so he's eating something down there. Likely my amphipods...

When are we getting a larger tank already?
 
Yes, the decorator crab would make a great evil sump underlord... I still have the banded shrimp in my sump. I see a molted exoskeleton every few weeks so he's eating something down there. Likely my amphipods...

When are we getting a larger tank already?
at this rate, im going to say.............................................................................................................................................................................................................. soon.
 
I'm going to say not. Sorry. Just not in my budget.
and ill be honest, id rather have a nano than a 200g. Main reason, i wouldnt have to spend so much money on just setting it up, let alone the live stock.
 
and ill be honest, id rather have a nano than a 200g. Main reason, i wouldnt have to spend so much money on just setting it up, let alone the live stock.

A well stocked 30 gallon is more impressive to me than a 200 gallon where many things may be lost. No offense to ANYONE, but I am highly selective of every addition to my tank and each critter is featured.

 
A well stocked 30 gallon is more impressive to me than a 200 gallon where many things may be lost. No offense to ANYONE, but I am highly selective of every addition to my tank and each critter is featured.
i agree! i literally count every fish, invert and coral in my tank everyday, as i am selective as well to what enters it. I recently made a purchase on a bigger tank than my current and im honestly regretting it. Ive been looking at nanos for almost a year and i impluse bought a giant tank because of the price. now i must stick with it, only reason to stick with it, other than spending a lot on it, is for my tangs. Tangs are my favorite fish and forever will be my main feature fish, unless i go less than 60g. I initially wanted to buy a 10g waterbox or something similiar and focus on coral only, that plan fell. hopefully once we move this year i can set the big tank up somewhere in the living room or basement and make a nano for my desk in my office.
 
Anyone got any suggestions for fish to look for while im out fish shopping tomorrow? Id say give me corals to look for but ive got that down. haha. i know @Katrina71 will want pics, so i have to make sure i get pretty fish. (Yes im buying a scopas, leave me alone, i know my duties! LOLOL)
If the weather holds out heading to a lfs 1hr away. Send pics if we go.
 
If the weather holds out heading to a lfs 1hr away. Send pics if we go.
ill do the same. if you see a spotted drum overthere, let me know, please.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top