Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I know you want a cube but would you consider a 36*24*22 72 gallon rimless peninsula?

I have one I have been slowly working on.

Just pay for a piece of glass and silicone and its yours
 
I know you want a cube but would you consider a 36*24*22 72 gallon rimless peninsula?

I have one I have been slowly working on.

Just pay for a piece of glass and silicone and its yours
You are sweet. I promise I will make it come together. I'm just the last priority right now. :)
 
Have a great weekend world, enjoy your shopping trips! :)

DSC_0001 (1024x679).jpg

You’re evil
 
I'm curious...on the front end are T5s cheaper than a quality LED lighting system? We are talking 93-125g tank.
thats a good question. im curious as well! or are MH cheaper in the long run compared to LED and T5
 
Not necessarily... yes if youre looking at Radions or the other high end fixtures but about the same if you comsider some of the mid range fixtures. SBReeflights come to mind and Im sure theres others.

I honestly love the color I get out of the original SBReeflights I got from @Robin Haselden. Theyve since come out with something nicer but still more affordable than the high end stuff. Theres always deals to be found with patience and I know you have patience.
 
Last edited:
I'm curious...on the front end are T5s cheaper than a quality LED lighting system? We are talking 93-125g tank.

Unless you go high end with the LEDs no, T5 is more expensive. Now, if you DIY you can cut some cost out.

Plus the bulb replacements add to cost.

I love the coloration from T5 especially on a softie tank, but, I love the efficiency and custom abilities of LEDs.
 
MH is expensive to run and a chiller is likely necessary which also costs a lot to run (electricity wise). I also use SB Reef Lights after using MH exclusively in the past. I love the LEDs.

EDIT: I have never used T5s.

 
MH is expensive to run and a chiller is likely necessary which also costs a lot to run (electricity wise). I also use SB Reef Lights after using MH exclusively in the past. I love the LEDs.

im sticking to LED's.Plus i like the option of as much customization included with some of the programming
 
im sticking to LED's.Plus i like the option of as much customization included with some of the programming

I can take my black box LEDs apart and do whatever I want with them too or make repairs. That is a huge plus as opposed to more expensive LEDs

 
I can take my black box LEDs apart and do whatever I want with them too or make repairs. That is a huge plus.
Thank you for reminding me, one of my reds died so i have to replace the led. it cost's $2 to replace.
 
Not necessarily... yes if youre looking at Radions or the other high end fixtures but about the same if you comsider some of the mid range fixtures. SBReeflights come to mind and Im sure theres others.

I honestly love the color I get out of the original SBReeflights I got from @Robin Haselden. Theyve since come out with something nicer but still more affordable than the high end stuff. Theres always deals to be found with patience and I inow you have patience.
Those things still boiling water for ya? They may be the ugliest lights on the planet, but they sure are powerful. The color is nice too if you keep the whites dialed back and pop those lenses off so they spread out more. Those 60* lenses were like laser beams.
 
Those things still boiling water for ya? They may be the ugliest lights on the planet, but they sure are powerful. The color is nice too if you keep the whites dialed back and pop those lenses off so they spread out more. Those 60* lenses were like laser beams.
I tossed em on exactly As I got em from you. Considered putting the lenses back in for about 5 min but didnt know which lenses were for which diode and said screw it. They looked great. Used/Using them on the holding tanks/tubs. One of the monti caps grew like crazy and I never once checked parameters.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top