Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I tossed em on exactly As I got em from you. Considered putting the lenses back in for about 5 min but didnt know which lenses were for which diode and said screw it. They looked great. Used/Using them on the holding tanks/tubs. One of the monti caps grew like crazy and I never once checked parameters.
I wouldn't have been able to tell you... I think I might have taken a picture of them before I removed them, but that was on an old phone I don't even have anymore. I left most of the lenses on the blues so they would keep some punch. Pulled the whites, reds and greens. One thing I do miss that my Kessils do not have, is a UV channel. I used to leave that on at as low a percentage as it would allow at night for a moon light effect. I didn't have many corals back then, but the tank looked pretty cool barely lit at night.
 
I wouldn't have been able to tell you... I think I might have taken a picture of them before I removed them, but that was on an old phone I don't even have anymore. I left most of the lenses on the blues so they would keep some punch. Pulled the whites, reds and greens. One thing I do miss that my Kessils do not have, is a UV channel. I used to leave that on at as low a percentage as it would allow at night for a moon light effect. I didn't have many corals back then, but the tank looked pretty cool barely lit at night.
Yep, The UV channel is great. It shows the tank beautifully... Arguably better than the Orphek though admittedly I havent played with the UV channel all that much on them.
 
Max lights today, eight T5s and led supplement add up high end led wattage, just a thought! ;)

DSC_0003 (1024x662).jpg
 
Max lights today, eight T5s and led supplement add up high end led wattage, just a thought! ;)

DSC_0003 (1024x662).jpg

Can't beat good old T5HOs. Add a little Orphek OR Bar supplement on the sides and you got a winner.
 
thats a good question. im curious as well! or are MH cheaper in the long run compared to LED and T5
MH produce a ton of heat and may require a chiller. I think you would he better off with t5 if your looking that route.
 
MH produce a ton of heat and may require a chiller. I think you would he better off with t5 if your looking that route.
Agreed. MH produce a ton of heat amd the benefit of shimmer can be obtained with LEDs. T5 blanket the tank with light and don't heat up the tank too bad. The only problem is that blanket can make the tank look 2 dimensional. LEDs help with adding a bit of shimmer to add contrast and depth to the tank.
 
Guess who's LFS has a fire fish and Royal Gramma in stock?

Not mine. Mines got an Achilles which I’m desperate to buy but can’t yet
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top