Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Ever see people grouper fishing? They need the boats motor to pull them out of their caves or hiding spots into open water to even have a chance of pulling it in. BIG fish.
I have caught grouper in the ocean, but didn't realize those got that big.
 
I had no idea!!! I was thinking like 10-12"

Shouldve clarified not all get that large but some are scary big!

58CDF88B-B9A2-4401-B1D9-9927E4B7F65A.jpeg
 
They sell them at 3-5 inches and people don't realize how big they get. Minimum tank size on some sites is 50 gal.... that is crazy. That fish needs 500 + gallons
 
Ever see people grouper fishing? They need the boats motor to pull them out of their caves or hiding spots into open water to even have a chance of pulling it in. BIG fish.
Goliath grouper probably what you're talking about. I've caught grouper about 60 miles off the SC/NC coast. 26+" fish are fun to pull up from 120'. Forearm is on fire halfway up, and you can't stop.
 
Goliath grouper probably what you're talking about. I've caught grouper about 60 miles off the SC/NC coast. 26+" fish are fun to pull up from 120'. Forearm is on fire halfway up, and you can't stop.
Yes! I had wench help. (Other than myself)
 
Well my hi fin goby just gave a warm welcome to the twins...NOT! In his defense, they swam right into his little cave first thing. He didn't get ugly at first, but the second time, he chased them away. Nano violence. PG13
 
We caught king mackerel while we were out also. The one that I picked up the reel on, the rod ended up breaking and somehow the eyelets were on the bottom but the reel stayed on the top. I was fighting a 5' mackerel and the reel at the same time the captain was fussing because I wasn't reeling the fish in fast enough and I'm cussing him for having broke tackle...

That was the best mackerel I ever cooked. Sea salt, lemon, tarragon, and a hot charcoal grill.
 
Haha the hippie kid has his first aiptasia! I guess he's a real reefer now!
Ive still yet to get one myself. im a #FakeReefer. :p
 
Haha the hippie kid has his first aiptasia! I guess he's a real reefer now!
I saw some on some montis I got from a friend. Her tank is infested. I looked them over and dipped, but they still got past. I pulled them out of the tank, scraped the foots off the plugs then FW washed them. Montis looked like poop for a few weeks, but their color is back and the aipys aren't.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top