Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Congrats on blowing past 20,000 with ease!

Was travelling the last couple of days for what will hopefully become a very positive life change. All caught up on recent happenings on Kooky Katrina's Kooky Thread and happy no one went down the political rabbit hole!
 
@tdlawdo put your pennies in the link. We are making dreams come true over here.

Done and done ..goal reached!! Enjoy camp!! And then go win survivor and take me to the finals!! :)
 
So, I am excited and have good news to share and did not know where exactly would be a good place to share it. Then I thought the "20,000 Posts Under the Sea" thread would be a great place. Plus, well, I like most of the people that routinely follow this thread. Lol

Anyway, it turns out I won the Tunze Macro Algae Reactor in the William S. Giveaway for sending postcards. Mind you, I didn't send the postcards because I wanted to win anything. Rather, I sent them because I was very touched by William's story. It is funny, too, as I won because the original winner did not respond in the allotted 72 hours to claim their prize. Needless to say, I'm pleasantly surprised and overjoyed about winning something. In my life, I've not won much more than free rides in the back of police cars so I'm pretty stoked!
Oddly enough, I was planning on sending another postcard to William today and hope we all continue sending postcards to him!
 
That's actually how I was told to do it. I didn't find out until later there are actual setups.
That's basically how I do it as well. Except I made a drip acclimator years ago.
 
OK, you guys set that up and finished it while I was asleep. Dangit!

Congrats @crusso1993 !

Congrats Hippie Kid! Enjoy camp!

@Katrina71 you know darn good and well we would not let that slip by without helping our sister. We love you!

@tdlawdo you are awesome. Next time, let some of the rest of us play too. ;)

@NY_Caveman you are the man!

BTW, the house got down to a comfy 72 last night and the AC shutoff like it was supposed to. I finally slept the whole night for the first time in days!
 
Well, she said the 7th, so I thought to leave it up until the 5th. I had no idea it would get there so quickly. LOL, I should have known. Just do not go crazy people

 
I was trying to post this over the weekend but R2R was slow.
My dad bought himself a truck for summer cruisin'.

35 Ford pickup
IMG_20190525_200253_01.jpg
 
I was trying to post this over the weekend but R2R was slow.
My dad bought himself a truck for summer cruisin'.

35 Ford pickup
IMG_20190525_200253_01.jpg

OK, if that thing ends up missing, I didn't do it.

Just sayin'
 
Story goes as...
the man who owns the scrap yard has been collecting great collector cars for 5 decades.
Well back when he was 17? He knocked on the door of a man who owned this pickup and asked to buy it, the man said give me your number, maybe some day.
30 years later which was 25 years ago he got a phone call from the man's wife, he passed away but has signed the title and wrote down your name, so he finally got his truck after all those years.
Fast forward, for the past 5-10 years my dad and I have become buddies with the scrap yard owner. My dad has showed interest and asked if he'd sell that truck so many times I can't count that high.
Well this spring he didn't tell my dad No for once. The man is in his 70's and probably has no 401k or retirement so he sold the truck to dad last week.
It's going to be an original 60's style hot rod.
He's going to put in juice brakes and a 50's merc flathead he had built years ago.
 
I was trying to post this over the weekend but R2R was slow.
My dad bought himself a truck for summer cruisin'.

35 Ford pickup
IMG_20190525_200253_01.jpg
Nice! My dad just picked up this '38 dodge pickup about a month ago. Sounds like they would be cruising buddies.
20190309_124307.jpg
 
Nice! My dad just picked up this '38 dodge pickup about a month ago. Sounds like they would be cruising buddies.
20190309_124307.jpg
Yea they would.
Personally I would love one of those old dodge pickups.
 
My 65 chevy will be a flatbed when completed. I already have the metal frame to it welded up.

I just need to source a new cab. Mine was totally shot. I cut out the big back window and scrapped it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top