Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

I believe medicine

That’s what it sounded like. Almost every prospective medical school candidate I interview for the three MED schools I work for has that approach.
 
Does anyone need inTank media rack, fuge, and overflow for biocube 32. I think it also fits 29’s. I’ll clean it lol.
F571050A-2E07-4359-AE3B-042F3D4B8B5E.jpeg
 
did ok, i may retake a class because i dont like that B on my record. other than that, straight A's
B’s are fine my friend lol.
 
Great job. Did I miss what you are in school for..
I am in school for Radiology. I currently only have my AAS in Rad Tech. Doing my BS in Rad Tech at City Tech this semester, then hopefully do my graduate at SUNY Downstate for my MD Ph.D.
 
That’s what it sounded like. Almost every prospective medical school candidate I interview for the three MED schools I work for has that approach.
I HAVE QUESTIONS!
 
I know but now my gpa isnt a 4.0 :(

B’s are not fine. Sorry to say bc normally I would say in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter. But being on the admissions committee of three medical schools and on dual degree program he has a point. Depending on your demographic and target school the average GPA will be above 3.85 and if that is the average you can imagine the need. So while it is possible it is not probable. Not piling on stress but that stress of the journey is part of the preparation for the calling. Not saying it’s right just saying it is. I will say I have interviewed candidates on a single day with a 4.0 and over 510 on their MCAT that didn’t get in the same day as someone with a low GPA of 3.65 and an MCAT of 496 get accepted. Those are the exception not the rule and I have never seen it happen for a dual degree.

Having said that feel free to reach out I do have contacts in the clinical research realm all over. And remember the number one reason to NOT get accepted (all else being equal) is lack of shadowing experience in that field.

So hit it hard but keep true to yourself and remember what makes you who you are! And if you ever want to hang out and do some house/farm calls with a crazy country doc in the hills and hollers of Ky. Let me know. Any procedures you get to do if you want!
 
I know but now my gpa isnt a 4.0 :(

I feel ya! During my MBA I got one (A-) bc I had to miss class to take my once per decade recertification board exams. I offered to skype into class and submit my work a week earlier. The prof said that would be great if you could do that but I still have to doc you half a letter grade. My kids still make fun of me for finishing a degree without a 4.0 for the first time. Haha little punks! And I have 4 post graduate degrees after my bachelors. In addition to my medical degree I also have (MBA, M.Ed., VMD).
 
Does anyone need inTank media rack, fuge, and overflow for biocube 32. I think it also fits 29’s. I’ll clean it lol.
F571050A-2E07-4359-AE3B-042F3D4B8B5E.jpeg

Where does that fit? I have a 29 that I am getting ready to set up as a seahorse tank.
 
I feel ya! During my MBA I got one (A-) bc I had to miss class to take my once per decade recertification board exams. I offered to skype into class and submit my work a week earlier. The prof said that would be great if you could do that but I still have to doc you half a letter grade. My kids still make fun of me for finishing a degree without a 4.0 for the first time. Haha little punks! And I have 4 post graduate degrees after my bachelors. In addition to my medical degree I also have (MBA, M.Ed., VMD).
That’s amazing. Have you taken the Series 7 or any financial exams?
 
B’s are not fine. Sorry to say bc normally I would say in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter. But being on the admissions committee of three medical schools and on dual degree program he has a point. Depending on your demographic and target school the average GPA will be above 3.85 and if that is the average you can imagine the need. So while it is possible it is not probable. Not piling on stress but that stress of the journey is part of the preparation for the calling. Not saying it’s right just saying it is. I will say I have interviewed candidates on a single day with a 4.0 and over 510 on their MCAT that didn’t get in the same day as someone with a low GPA of 3.65 and an MCAT of 496 get accepted. Those are the exception not the rule and I have never seen it happen for a dual degree.

Having said that feel free to reach out I do have contacts in the clinical research realm all over. And remember the number one reason to NOT get accepted (all else being equal) is lack of shadowing experience in that field.

So hit it hard but keep true to yourself and remember what makes you who you are! And if you ever want to hang out and do some house/farm calls with a crazy country doc in the hills and hollers of Ky. Let me know. Any procedures you get to do if you want!
I understand I just have such an issue with colleges making their exams nearly impossible to get A’s on, then graduate schools denying people because they had a few b’s. I personally knew two people in college who jumped off their balcony over exams, one after they found out they got a C and would “not get into med school now”, the other was so anxious about finals, and became so depressed while studying she decided to end it as well. It’s a test, made by someone to see what you got out of their class, it shouldn’t be a reason to end your life. We are talking 20 year olds, with the whole world ahead of them. Idk, I find the whole education system a disgrace. Having a 4.0 does not make you smart or a good candidate, there is so many other factors that I believe hold more value than being able to study and take a stupid test. Sorry for the rant. Rip Theresa & Greyson.
 
B’s are not fine. Sorry to say bc normally I would say in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter. But being on the admissions committee of three medical schools and on dual degree program he has a point. Depending on your demographic and target school the average GPA will be above 3.85 and if that is the average you can imagine the need. So while it is possible it is not probable. Not piling on stress but that stress of the journey is part of the preparation for the calling. Not saying it’s right just saying it is. I will say I have interviewed candidates on a single day with a 4.0 and over 510 on their MCAT that didn’t get in the same day as someone with a low GPA of 3.65 and an MCAT of 496 get accepted. Those are the exception not the rule and I have never seen it happen for a dual degree.

Having said that feel free to reach out I do have contacts in the clinical research realm all over. And remember the number one reason to NOT get accepted (all else being equal) is lack of shadowing experience in that field.

So hit it hard but keep true to yourself and remember what makes you who you are! And if you ever want to hang out and do some house/farm calls with a crazy country doc in the hills and hollers of Ky. Let me know. Any procedures you get to do if you want!
I still have yet to feel the pressure and stress from school, probably because i take everything i do as a fun thing and not as a ill be a life failure if i dont do this right.

Ive got a great connection when it comes to radiology. My cousin is one of new yorks "top ranked" radiologist per se a medical magazine, forget what it's called. However the more connections i can get the better! Plus now i have one that is a reefing buddy!!!
 
I feel ya! During my MBA I got one (A-) bc I had to miss class to take my once per decade recertification board exams. I offered to skype into class and submit my work a week earlier. The prof said that would be great if you could do that but I still have to doc you half a letter grade. My kids still make fun of me for finishing a degree without a 4.0 for the first time. Haha little punks! And I have 4 post graduate degrees after my bachelors. In addition to my medical degree I also have (MBA, M.Ed., VMD).
nuts. actually nuts.
 
The college I service has message table set up, therapy animals come in and a coloring station during finals and the week before finals. It seems so silly to stress out over a test. Like @Hemmdog testified people do.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top