Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Hey everybody!! Sorry been out of touch with r2r. The new job as been kind of hectic and have had a lot of extra time. I'm not about to try and catch up on the over 30 pages I'm behind. Anything important I missed?
Hemmdog has velvet
 
No as mine came from South Carolina in Columbia at https://www.aquariumspecialty.com/ . I get a very uneasy feeling when I drive through Jefferson City so I will avoid that part of the state till the day I day and even then I will not go through it :p
aka: warrants on file on Jefferson City :)
 
Possibly a false alarm, It looks more like precipitation in the tank now that I look closer. I’ll most likely put all these fish through the hospital system as well just to be safe. Start from scratch with no disease systems and clean fish. What’s the best way to sterilize all my equipment; feeding containers that have tank water, water change hoses, nets, all that stuff?
What’s the verdict? Fingers crossed for you. I convinced myself I only had ich and lost a few days before finally acting. Dont do what I did! Tag me if I can help. Its fairly fresh but really treating and meds are both pretty new to me.

I bleached everything but the display/rock between uses and QT tank cleanings. Will likely never use vinegar again per the results save for a pump here and there.
 
I've never seen glass so clean in the empty QT tanks... All bought used and cleaned with vinegar originally. While bleaching them after QT use I just dumped everything Id been using in there and ran a power head for a couple hours. Nets, Heaters, Powerheads PVC fittings, HOB filters.. You name it! Moving forward for any deep cleanings I'll use it again or of course after any other outbreaks. Skimmer, Tanks, Return Pump etc.
 
What’s the verdict? Fingers crossed for you. I convinced myself I only had ich and lost a few days before finally acting. Dont do what I did! Tag me if I can help. Its fairly fresh but really treating and meds are both pretty new to me.

I bleached everything but the display/rock between uses and QT tank cleanings. Will likely never use vinegar again per the results save for a pump here and there.
Working on getting hospital tanks set up. The fish seem to be improving naturally though.
 
Hello,

I have noticed that since the update or switch to what ever it was, things load much slower or stop working. Sometimes I can’t even get on and or it will just close on me. But it can’t be my phone because it does the same thing on my lap top.

@Hemmdog have you seen any improvements, if so have you considered dropping in a 500mg (dissolve it first in rodi) of vitman c and b12. It really helps with stress and may boost their immune system.
 
Hello,

I have noticed that since the update or switch to what ever it was, things load much slower or stop working. Sometimes I can’t even get on and or it will just close on me. But it can’t be my phone because it does the same thing on my lap top.

@Hemmdog have you seen any improvements, if so have you considered dropping in a 500mg (dissolve it first in rodi) of vitman c and b12. It really helps with stress and may boost their immune system.
The Atlantic blue is looking much better today. Thanks for asking. All the details and pics are in my build thread.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top