Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Thats what that is?!?! I couldn’t figure out where that was. Interesting. You should be able to scrape him off and wedge it into a rock. I have loads if different ones on the rock in my biocube from ISPF too. They're microscopic almost and much less colorful.

Yup. The plate is about 2”x3”. The worm is little over inch long. The feather is the size of my pinky nail. I have small hands so it is tiny.

My Duncan has suddenly gotten very large. I noticed a ton of growth when the clown decided she loved it. I don't think it's a coincidence. Has anyone else noticed similar growth when a coral hosts?
My Duncan wasn’t to pleased to have the male clown host. Duncan adjusted and will have good size but sometime get aggravated and shrivel up. The clown can be rough on the Duncan, not sure how your clown is.
 
15618447300092387643483414249249.jpg

Wow it’s huge!!
 
@Fin you have skills I would love to have! I would come help with the tank to learn stuff from ya!
I like to tinker. Have you seen this one? My 7.5 gallon total DIY Pirate's Reef. I worked on it some yesterday. I built this about a dozen years ago and I am refurbishing it.

PR-6-29-19-3.jpg


PR-6-29-19-4.jpg



It used to look like this inside...

ShoeBoxReef1-07.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like to tinker. Have you seen this one? My 7.5 gallon total DIY Pirate's Reef. I worked on it some yesterday. I built this about a dozen years ago and I am refurbishing it.

PR-6-29-19-3.jpg


PR-6-29-19-4.jpg



It used to look like this inside...

ShoeBoxReef1-07.jpg
I want one! It is awesome.
 
I like to tinker. Have you seen this one? My 7.5 gallon total DIY Pirate's Reef. I worked on it some yesterday. I built this about a dozen years ago and I am refurbishing it.

PR-6-29-19-3.jpg


PR-6-29-19-4.jpg



It used to look like this inside...

ShoeBoxReef1-07.jpg
Love it!!
 
I like to tinker. Have you seen this one? My 7.5 gallon total DIY Pirate's Reef. I worked on it some yesterday. I built this about a dozen years ago and I am refurbishing it.

PR-6-29-19-3.jpg


PR-6-29-19-4.jpg



It used to look like this inside...

ShoeBoxReef1-07.jpg
That is extremely cool! The closed loop wave system in a nano/pico is brilliant. Nice workmanship!
 
@Fin you have no idea. I was very inspired by that tank. I like people that get creative. That was actually the first tank I ever showed my son on here.
That's cool! I didn't know. I am honored. :-) It is way outside the box and a little weird. Definitely not for everyone. I just enjoy working on it. It is almost ready for water too. I think anyway. Time will tell. Ha!
 
That's cool! I didn't know. I am honored. :) It is way outside the box and a little weird. Definitely not for everyone. I just enjoy working on it. It is almost ready for water too. I think anyway. Time will tell. Ha!
Psssh. You have forgotten more than I even know about this hobby.
 
That is extremely cool! The closed loop wave system in a nano/pico is brilliant. Nice workmanship!
Thank you! The old tank had a SCWD for the closed loop and I hated the darn thing. The new one will have a mini OceansMotions Squirt Compact valve. Like the big valves, but about 184 the size. I just hooked it up last night.

PR-6-29-19-5.jpg


PR-6-29-19-6.jpg


Old closed loop set-up

Nano_enclosure2.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top