brightwells aquatics NeoMarine Reef Salt

  • Thread starter Thread starter naldopr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
For $70 a bucket I wont be changing. I have always used IO, and never had any issues. You have to to test it before adding and make sure all the levels are right, but I would much rather adjust what I know works then spend double on something new and fancy.
 
I just had my first bucket delivered today. I'm going to mix 10g tomorrow and run some numbers.

Not sure where the $80 price tag comes from? A LFS in my area is going to have it for $48 a bucket

Agreed, still not sure where the high price tags info came from. Marine Depot has it for $54.99. Way cheaper than many of the others. BrightWell Aquatics NeoMarine Salt Mix

I would love to hear feedback on this, positive or negative is very appreciated.
 
i've been using 100% brightwells for the last month, and my corals look great. i even saw my clam spawn for the first time a few nights ago. i havent noticed any miracles or anything, but its a good salt.
 
good to hear, thanks. I have been using Reef Crystals, but am sick of the residue left in the mixing bucket. I thought maybe it was just the one bucket, but have heard other people complain of the same thing...
Does the brightwell dissolve well for you? Are you finding that 2.5 cups makes 5 gallons at 1.025? I found the RC very inconsistent on the latter...
 
it dissolves very well, very quickly. i make an entire brute trash can at a time so i havent really measured what quantity of salt it takes to mix to 1.025
 
BTW, got a bucket yesterday for $45, so a lot less expensive than anybody thought. I'll test and post my results when i do my WC next weekend....
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top