Can Cupramine be used in display tank.

@melypr1985
All fish are in 55 g. I didn't treat them yet as they were really stressed from the move. They did eat a bit so that was reassuring. According to the cupramine label, I am supposed to put 20 drops per 10 g today then another 20 per 10 g in 48 hours. Is this correct or should I ramp it up slowly? I hope I don't ever have to do this to them again. I felt horrible seeing how stressed they were.
 
@melypr1985
All fish are in 55 g. I didn't treat them yet as they were really stressed from the move. They did eat a bit so that was reassuring. According to the cupramine label, I am supposed to put 20 drops per 10 g today then another 20 per 10 g in 48 hours. Is this correct or should I ramp it up slowly?

Slowly. You might figure out how much you need to add in total to bring it up to .5 then divide that by 4 to raise it up over four days instead of just one or two.
 
Slowly. You might figure out how much you need to add in total to bring it up to .5 then divide that by 4 to raise it up over four days instead of just one or two.
The only copper test kit I could find is the api copper test kit. So if I have a 55 g, water not right to the top, could I dose for a 50 to err on the side of caution? I would then need to dose 2.5 ml each day to bring it to proper levels with testing in between each dose? Does that sound correct?
 
The only copper test kit I could find is the api copper test kit. So if I have a 55 g, water not right to the top, could I dose for a 50 to err on the side of caution? I would then need to dose 2.5 ml each day to bring it to proper levels with testing in between each dose? Does that sound correct?
If i actually dose according to instructions, it is 20 drops or 1ml per 10.5 g. Multiply that times 5 and it gives me dosing for 52.5 g, which is 5ml x 2 . Divide the dosing by four and 2.5ml would be how much I need to dose daily. Sorry I just want to make sure.
 
Your really going to want a good test kit. Api wont work with cupramine, get a seachem or salifert i belive. Api only reads chelated copper.

Without keeping the therapeutic level it wont cure anything.
 
Your really going to want a good test kit. Api wont work with cupramine, get a seachem or salifert i belive. Api only reads chelated copper.

Without keeping the therapeutic level it wont cure anything.

agreed
 
If i actually dose according to instructions, it is 20 drops or 1ml per 10.5 g. Multiply that times 5 and it gives me dosing for 52.5 g, which is 5ml x 2 . Divide the dosing by four and 2.5ml would be how much I need to dose daily. Sorry I just want to make sure.

Correct in theory.. The correct test kit is needed to be sure the dosing isn't over shooting the target, or undershooting it for that matter.
 
Your really going to want a good test kit. Api wont work with cupramine, get a seachem or salifert i belive. Api only reads chelated copper.

Without keeping the therapeutic level it wont cure anything.

+2
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top