Can't get nitrates to show on Salifert test....

no its perfectly ok and a fun way to have the thread illuminate possible ways it could have evolved into reasons for missing nitrate. I had seen that reasoning stated recently and just curious who might catch it based on current levels of support we can tell from the first post. to me its really an exercise in being confident...just a fun little twist.




Post a picture of this reef tank Kev I bet it has many other cool clues we can pick out in support of everything working well, and allowing for you to begin keeping animals~ which will boost measures certainly, and then some nitrate will show (as the dilution, bacterial digestion, and testing clearances catch up)

you can add some items and begin making use of your feed-hungry system, when it starts showing nitrate you'll remember these days where it didnt :)

post a pic of the setup if you can
 
Last edited:
Whites are off via timer currently. Working from home during the pandemic has me wanting to watch the tanks all day(8 hours of whites). Changed the light cycle to accommodate. I can say I have what I assume is coralline algae spreading from the live rock on the dry rock below. That’s desirable IMO.
 
for sure it is a sign of stability forming. There would be zero harm in scoring some starter frags and begin lightly feeding them. not saying you have to pack in a reef / just that you can enjoy.

consider this example, I feel this nano reef recently cycled, with dry rocks, directly compares to your setup. look at what he's doing with corals into month 1 thought you'd like to see a nice start/can go example/skim through the pages to see the pic progression. we're at one month total!


you can begin some light reefing for sure based on all stated details in your thread. confident.

in about two weeks or less the nitrate will hit and you'll never be as low as you want to be/bet lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top