Care to share - Your under tank shots!

@redfishbluefish I love it! Great idea building the cabinet to hold all of the equipment. Like you I have an external area for my controls, but I am going to try my hardest to jam pack my dosing equipment into the stand as well. :/ I'm totally ripping off your idea to angle those dosers. That's genius. (assuming you don't mind of course!)
1545992a6704ae72e301.jpeg
This photo has inspired me to reorganize all my device wiring , LOVE this!!!
 
Question. Is that Chaeto in the fuge? Do you have any idea why its floats? Every time I buy some it does the same thing.
It is indeed! The way my sump is the flow is coming into the refigium at the bottom and entering at the top so I think it might have something to do with that in my case. I also sadly got some cyano in there and there are some bubbles holding it up. :(
 
This photo has inspired me to reorganize all my device wiring , LOVE this!!!
Excellent! I was really hoping this thred could help us all exchange a few ideas. For what it's worth, I picked up that cabinet at Lowes for $19.99 and I took out the mirror and put in a piece of plexiglass that I also picked up from there (I cut a larger sheet that I was doing some other stuff with as well). I have a false wall in there to hide the wires, it was just a cheap piece of closet shelving that was already white. :D
 
Question. Is that Chaeto in the fuge? Do you have any idea why its floats? Every time I buy some it does the same thing.
The Chaetomorpha is neutrally buoyant, and does not have a hold fast like some Macros do. it catches air bubbles, and tends to float. which is good, it seems to do best when best spinning and floating with lots of flow, if its happy it should double in size and be exported every couple of weeks.
 
Under my 140...

00-Sump_zps1242d9ba.jpg


And under my nano...

DSC09678.JPG
Great organization on both! You've got a ton crammed in there and very cleanly I might add. I'm guessing those switches turn various things on and off, do you have your apex setup to turn them off as well?
 
Great organization on both! You've got a ton crammed in there and very cleanly I might add. I'm guessing those switches turn various things on and off, do you have your apex setup to turn them off as well?
Thanks. The APEX on the nano is a Junior, so only a EB-4 - for now. It is limited in how much it can do anyway. It runs my lights and heater. The switches are for things that really don't need to be controlled. MP-10, cabinet lights, refugium pump, return pump, skimmer & ATO (power).
 
Ok here is where I ended up. Eventually I'll change over to my blue 1" PVC but I figured I'd share now that I rewired, added a shelf for my Ca/Alk container and pumps.
154744c752c1a1b93181.jpeg
1547449bae8df574bec1.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top