Centerpeice snail for a 100 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melons
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Electric blue and Halloween hermits are cool

72229146-47BC-4CCF-A786-F7713A410244.jpeg EC12E558-FE5C-4CD7-B4BD-2820A580FFDF.jpeg
 
Don't get the Halloween hermit if you want conches, it will kill them for their shells. Alternatively, if you can find a source for various sized conch shells to supply the hermit with, it may leave your conches alone.
 
Don't get the Halloween hermit if you want conches, it will kill them for their shells. Alternatively, if you can find a source for various sized conch shells to supply the hermit with, it may leave your conches alone.
Mine leave my conch alone but I bought extra shells
 
Can I get a photo of the carier snails lol, all I could find on google was the shell, but they do look amazing...

heres my prototype stocking list

1 Hawkwing conch

1 Sand Tiger conch

1 Fighting conch

3 Dove conchs aka “Nano conchs”

1 Squat lobster

1 Tuxedo urchin

1 strawberry crab

1 Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

1 Red Banded Snapping shrimp

I still wanna do minimal fish vs inverts, but not only inverts, I might also add a fire fish, or instead of the strawberry I might add a calico crab.


Might do seagrass instead of coral, and opt for less live rock instead for a dsb, also do any of the inverts on the stocking list not work with sea grass and or any other inverts.
 
Last edited:
I think If I could buy jellyfish cheap online, I might try the violet snail.
 
I am surprised that no one mention this but I love my Tropical abalone. Beautiful. My abalone shell get to about 4 inches. The whole animal about 7 inches.
Definitely able to be a centerpiece snail in a 100 gal tank.
 
Whoa carrier snails are cool, never heard of them until now. Does reef cleaners ever carry them? Never seen em on your site.

I have never found a living one. They are in deep water. But if I do find one, you will be the first to know about MY carrier snail centerpiece tank. :)

Spider conchs look nice too. Lambis spp. Your LFS would be able to stock them on special order, wholesalers frequently have them in stock.
 
Last edited:
no, a living conch.

I cant believe its Deepwater :( I would love one, they look so cool

I might try a murex, or a large whelk, or maybe some type of snail from the tulip snail family.

Does anyone know how to breed snails, or what species is best.

I checked tulip snails, and they can eat clams :), so much more convient.
 
I'm gonna do either

this

1 Hawkwing conch

1 Sand Tiger conch

1 Florida Fighting conch

1 Milk conch

3 Dove conchs aka “Nano conchs”

1 Squat lobster

1 Tuxedo urchin

1 strawberry crab

1 Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

1 Red Banded Snapping shrimp

Or a true tulip/Knobbed whelk sea grass biotope with some small fish.
 
Stop playin’. Funny that I’m looking for a red serpent star now but can’t seem to pull the trigger?
Kind of a showy invertebrate that will hide pretty much all the time....
I do love inverts though....
I bought a pink and purple starfish and thought it was awesome! Then I put it in the tank and NEVER saw it again for 3 years until 2 months ago when I was taking the tank down. There it was just as beautiful as when I put it in the tank. I put it in my frag tank now. Still never see it.
 
I'm gonna do either

this

1 Hawkwing conch

1 Sand Tiger conch

1 Florida Fighting conch

1 Milk conch

3 Dove conchs aka “Nano conchs”

1 Squat lobster

1 Tuxedo urchin

1 strawberry crab

1 Orange Stripe Prawn Goby

1 Red Banded Snapping shrimp

Or a true tulip/Knobbed whelk sea grass biotope with some small fish.

Pom Pom Crabs!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top