Centerpeice snail for a 100 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melons
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I bought a pink and purple starfish and thought it was awesome! Then I put it in the tank and NEVER saw it again for 3 years until 2 months ago when I was taking the tank down. There it was just as beautiful as when I put it in the tank. I put it in my frag tank now. Still never see it.
I’m sayin’ but let’s here it for that starfish.....OG survivor!
 
I will say that I hardly ever see my strawberry crab. Usually only moves around at night. Occasionally enough time passes where I forget I even have it.
 

I know you're looking for inverts because you're not into fish. I'm here to change your mind. Perhaps. Well maybe.

This guy is an awesome fish. Has personality for miles and is very odd looking. No crazy diet and wont eat your corals.

cowfish.jpg


I'm pretty sure it's not a fish at all. I'm going with outer space visitor here to hypnotize us.


Longhorn cow fish.
 
can I get more info, also what’s the minimum tank size, I heard they get 2 big for a 100 gallon
They get about the size of a football in about three years. They start out the size of any small hermit that is why I have one in my 60 gl. I would say if your 100 has plenty of room for it to walk around your fine. They are scavengers and will sift your sand for food. They will possibly snag a snail for food mine has not yet. Mine started half the size of a dime. and now it is nearly a year later and he threeish inches. It is very fun to see them running around your tank. They will also eat frozen shrimp. They eat lots so give them a well rounded diet maybe feed frozen shrimp once or twice a week an let it scavenge for food the rest of the week. If you decide to get one make sure you either have a back up plan for when it gets too big or plenty of space for it to get big. Mine likes to bury its molt which is kind of funny. You will need a stable rock structure and space far enough apart so they not get stuck in the rocks as the pass that is why mine is getting to big for my 60gl. They are very beautiful with green eyes and pinkish skin. Mine is very peaceful and will not hurt any other hermits and snails however maybe I just got lucky. As for the anemone They come in a variety of colors and usually come with a hermit. They are a special type of anemone that likes to live on several types of hermit crabs. When the crab changes shells it will take the anemone with him. I feed mine reef roids and shrimp. You do not have to feed it at all because they are scavengers and will eat while the hermit moves around. I feed mine so it can keep up with the size of the hermit.
 
I know you're looking for inverts because you're not into fish. I'm here to change your mind. Perhaps. Well maybe.

This guy is an awesome fish. Has personality for miles and is very odd looking. No crazy diet and wont eat your corals.

cowfish.jpg


I'm pretty sure it's not a fish at all. I'm going with outer space visitor here to hypnotize us.


Longhorn cow fish.

I love those little guys! they are soooooo cute and friendly.
 
I wouldn't put too many conchs in the same tank. You'll probably end up with one due to food competition. They do a pretty good job of sifting through the sand. And they do bury themselves quite a bit so you won't see them all too often. The plus side is that their shells stay nice and pretty because of this.

Money cowries are excellent, very pretty, and do a great job of eating algae, but they are small so you'd want several of them.

Definitely get some shrimp! Just be careful what you chose as some of them will kill others (e.g., arrow crabs).
 
Probably gonna get a predatory snail sea grass biotope, is there any way to keep multiple together.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top