Clownfish with ich and fungus?

I am going to do a freshwater and hydrogen peroxide bath today and see how that helps. I mean he did have ich to beging with see photo and the copper safe says it will help kill all parasites including brook. Is this not true? When I did a freshwater dip before he last like 1 min and stopped moving so I quickly grabbed him and put him back in the qt
Coppersafe very little impact. believe me- Its formalin based that you want. Freshwater dip not bath will offer temporary relief and is not a cure and peroxide which is mainly water will have no impact.
 
Coppersafe very little impact. believe me- Its formalin based that you want. Freshwater dip not bath will offer temporary relief and is not a cure and peroxide which is mainly water will have no impact.
I have been doing peroxide bath with 4 tsps to 1 gallon. I’ll see if I can get a formalin based treatment at my local shop.
 
I am going to do a freshwater and hydrogen peroxide bath today and see how that helps. I mean he did have ich to beging with see photo and the copper safe says it will help kill all parasites including brook. Is this not true? When I did a freshwater dip before he last like 1 min and stopped moving so I quickly grabbed him and put him back in the qt

I've tried copper for Brooklynella for decades, it just doesn't work.

FW dips need to be 5 minutes. If you cut them short, they lose effectiveness. The general rule is simply this: if a fish cannot survive a properly performed 5 minutes FW dip, it was going to die soon anyway.

Be careful with peroxide - do you know the dose you are using in ppm?

Jay
 
I've tried copper for Brooklynella for decades, it just doesn't work.

FW dips need to be 5 minutes. If you cut them short, they lose effectiveness. The general rule is simply this: if a fish cannot survive a properly performed 5 minutes FW dip, it was going to die soon anyway.

Be careful with peroxide - do you know the dose you are using in ppm?

Jay
I have been following the directions from an earlier post which said 4 tsps per gallon and she has been doing fine with that so I have stuck with it. Saw major improvements doing this. With the fresh water bath. I am just using heated ro/di water right? Or does there need to be to be a small amount of salt?
 
I have been following the directions from an earlier post which said 4 tsps per gallon and she has been doing fine with that so I have stuck with it. Saw major improvements doing this. With the fresh water bath. I am just using heated ro/di water right? Or does there need to be to be a small amount of salt?
I back calculated that and assuming you are using 3% H2O2, that works out to be 650 ppm. That is quite a bit higher than the 150 ppm dose used for Amyloodinium. How long is your dip? Are you doing this in conjunction with a 5 minute FW dip? If so, that would be o.k. If you are just dipping in seawater and H2O2, I would keep the time to 30 minutes. I'm worried about gill damage.....

Jay
 
I have been mixing the peroxide with fresh saltwater and the recommendation was for 30 mins so I have always made sure to keep to that! And I am going to do both today so I’ll do a fresh and then peroxide bath and then I’ll put her back in the qt tank with the copper safe for now until the stores open again and I can try to get some formalin.
 
I have been mixing the peroxide with fresh saltwater and the recommendation was for 30 mins so I have always made sure to keep to that! And I am going to do both today so I’ll do a fresh and then peroxide bath and then I’ll put her back in the qt tank with the copper safe for now until the stores open again and I can try to get some formalin.
Im not keen on the use of peroxide as FW dip is sufficient keeping in mind its merely for relief and not a treatment and consider the precautions Jay mentioned.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top