Crab's 40G Breeder Mixed Reef Tank

Big update coming later this week! I'm super excited to announce that I will be getting the Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture and pairing it with my AP700!!!
 
congratulations on the new lights!!
 
congratulations on the new lights!!
Thanks! I won't actually have them until tomorrow at the earliest otherwise this weekend. Have to make a trip down to milwaukee to pick it up :)
 
Have a fun and safe drive.
 
The light is on and working!!
Home and ready to go
v8IFQMsl.jpg

Right out of the box
SLSDHVul.jpg

Hanging Kit on
2nAKgqvl.jpg

Side brackets on and AP700 mounted next comes the bulbs
j4Wb5b3l.jpg

Lights on, blue and coral +
jr2wQz0l.jpg

Blue and purple
c5WMEpAl.jpg

Bulbs on kessil off
WGmDF1nl.jpg

All lights on
JQP0YFEl.jpg

Resting on the tank waiting to be hung, WAKE UP EVERYONE!
fx0mHG7l.jpg

Hung, light sits 11 inches off the waters surface
qOJ9feXl.jpg

Hanging kit
pb3obUnl.jpg

Hung and lights on
y48bSoxl.jpg
 
Sweet!!
So the Kessils are in the center and the T5's are added? or did you go with a whole new light?
 
Sweet!!
So the Kessils are in the center and the T5's are added? or did you go with a whole new light?
Correct. The ap700 mounts in between the t5s
 
Nice clean look with the new lighting setup
 
The corals are loving this light, my tri-color has never looked so good!
efnEvVvh.jpg

b31EVVnh.jpg

iImC2sVh.jpg

RGF6D4rh.jpg

This guy is slowly recovering from the move, the tips are light purple and getting darker
6tAmWm2h.jpg
 
Bro that Duncan is sick how many heads on that thing I see the Clowns have been hosted thats what's up man! How long did it take for them to choose the Duncan's or do they have keys to the euphyllia too?
 
Bro that Duncan is sick how many heads on that thing I see the Clowns have been hosted thats what's up man! How long did it take for them to choose the Duncan's or do they have keys to the euphyllia too?
I'd have to count, I'm not even sure anymore lol. And yes the clowns have called the Duncan home. Theyblay eggs right at the bottom of it every 2 to 3 weeks
 
Bro that Duncan is sick how many heads on that thing I see the Clowns have been hosted thats what's up man! How long did it take for them to choose the Duncan's or do they have keys to the euphyllia too?
Just did a count, I believe there are 36 heads lol
 
Quick video I took of the tank today. Everything was looking happy so I started filming. My Toadstool coral is all closed up, he's been unhappy the past week, working on figuring out why. Also I put the music over it so you wouldn't have to hear me breathing lol

Why is their no buildup of any coloring between substrate and glass?
 
What do you mean?
Looks great. I am stuck on learning about algae. I have this dark red,purple,brown,and green algae between the sandbed and the substrate. I scrape the brown/green from the 4 glass sides that are above the sandbox

Your,tank just looks,so clean but your corals look huge and the sand is pristine how do you keep it,as,so
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top