Crab's 40G Breeder Mixed Reef Tank

All done! Now I have just one cord for the t5 and one for the AP700. Thank you @Behnken for the inspiration and @Fudsey for finding the information for me :)
VmTDwAfh.jpg

nPw4Yg6h.jpg

7bOWiTwh.jpg

hA7hwNYh.jpg

qyTKidJh.jpg

4WL3J1ih.jpg

cuGjZ2mh.jpg

Nj28I4Qh.jpg

Wd6MjSah.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice man! That ap700 makes a big difference but I still like the look of the original kessil.
Looking good though man! Subscribed.
I love the 360s as well, but I got such a good deal on the AP700 I couldn't pass it up :)
 
I got super lucky, they were right next next to the cord strain relief fittings at true value. Had a whole assortment bin of different size plugs.
Nice job ! !

Where'd you find a cap?
 
Well tonight marks the end. My tank is finally complete.
dYjB80mh.jpg

This is my new little polyp buddy :)
@Ryanbrs @randyBRS @Bulk Reef Supply My only complaint is this polyp doesn't seem to grow! Only when I spend money with brs ;Hilarious:D
 
I tried to go back thru the comments but might of missed it... what T5 bulbs are you using? can't see in the pic
 
ahh, ati's - 2 blues and a coral + and a purple... looks good man, awesome color in that "best pic" pic
 
I tried to go back thru the comments but might of missed it... what T5 bulbs are you using? can't see in the pic
2 ATI Blue+, one ATI Coral+ and one ATI Purple+
 
ahh, ati's - 2 blues and a coral + and a purple... looks good man, awesome color in that "best pic" pic

2 ATI Blue+, one ATI Coral+ and one ATI Purple+

This was the bulb combination suggested to me by Matt @BoomCorals , and I don't know if you've ever seen any of his corals in his frag tanks, but they look and grow amazing under this bulb combination.
 
Didn’t your Euphyllia used to be bigger?
It did..had a little accident. I was scrubbing the glass using a mag scrubber, and the inside piece came detatched so I reached in to grab it, bumped the hammer colony, and it broke off :( so I fragged it up and gave a bunch if heads away to local friends and decided to start new with just two heads :) it needed to be fragged down anyway, and this was the kick I needed to actually do it lol
 
It did..had a little accident. I was scrubbing the glass using a mag scrubber, and the inside piece came detatched so I reached in to grab it, bumped the hammer colony, and it broke off :( so I fragged it up and gave a bunch if heads away to local friends and decided to start new with just two heads :) it needed to be fragged down anyway, and this was the kick I needed to actually do it lol

That’s a shame, but it sounds like it could have been worse, and you got to share.

I’m a big fan of Euphyllia and remembered how covered that rock had been, it kinda startled me to see it so taken back, but I bet it will be a lot of fun to watch it grow back out.
 
That’s a shame, but it sounds like it could have been worse, and you got to share.

I’m a big fan of Euphyllia and remembered how covered that rock had been, it kinda startled me to see it so taken back, but I bet it will be a lot of fun to watch it grow back out.
Absolutely. Two years it took me to get it from a single polyp to as big as it was. Guess i'll have to wait another two :) :)
 
Change of plans! New project. No pictures yet, will post more under the assumption that my bulk reef supply order shows up tomorrow;)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top