Weekly Wednesday update #8
Lost my RBTA she is either DOA (most likely since almost my entire cleanup crew was at the base of her favorite rock) of hiding.
Was dosing metroplex in food bound with focus ...have seen all fish poop normal so I finished out the food I had made and quit dosing I believe this may have been what was disturbing the RBTA.
Diatom phase seems to be over.. used a dose of Vibrant and tank is crystal clear and the aquascape is going back to a normal color.
Have an appointment tomorrow to check out some softies, mushrooms, and SPS at Tidal Gardens. Than the owner makes the best youtube vids on corals and they are one of the reasons I got back into the hobby...this trip is like going to Mecca or the Holy land and its only 15 mins from my house...I did not know this when I started down the rabbit hole of watching reef videos.
Have acquired most of the must haves from the R2R QT medicine cabinet post
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/medications-to-keep-on-hand.213574/ and also aquired a couple small tanks to use for QT. This subforum is like a bible for fish illness
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fish-disease-treatment-and-diagnosis.771/ thank you to Hotrocks and humblefish for helping us all get it right.
Short rant...90% of the LFS's near me are idiots, liers, scammers, and flat out negligent. I am almost convined that I should purchase fish from a reputable online source than buy fish out of tanks that look worse than petco. I saw a 120 locally that had a serious asterina star problem and the owner said they are not that big of a deal. When I asked about fish in another tank he assured me all fish were healthy because they all used the same filter system...so the asternas, majanos, and other pests I saw in other tanks all share the same filter system as the tank I was interested in purchasing from...what the heck..noped right out of there.
Till next week cheers and happy reefing!