Diagnosing Death of Saltwater Fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter kaijor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
depends on the fish food. I would recommend getting frozen food, fish tend to be more responsive to it.
Oh ok, I have bloodworms that I can feed them. I might wait one more day before I feed the wrasse again because I want to make sure that ammonia does spike again.


Also, is oxygen deprivation out of the question in terms of what might have caused the death? The reason why I ask is because the wrasse is now swimming normally again after I put an air stone in the tank. Originally, I thought that the sponge filter I had would be enough.
 
Oh ok, I have bloodworms that I can feed them. I might wait one more day before I feed the wrasse again because I want to make sure that ammonia does spike again.


Also, is oxygen deprivation out of the question in terms of what might have caused the death? The reason why I ask is because the wrasse is now swimming normally again after I put an air stone in the tank. Originally, I thought that the sponge filter I had would be enough.
No, but a sponge filter should have been enough in normal circumstances. also, I would recommend getting LRS Fish Frenzy. Remember, frozen foods HAVE to be fully and completely warmed before feeding. Most do this by removing a cup or so of tank water and placing the food into it.
 
Thanks, how much do you dose ammonia daily? On my main tank, I dosed 4 PMM originally then wait until ammonia hit zero then dosed 1 ppm until nitrates spiked and nitrites lowered. I tried to do something a bit different with the QT tank where I dosed smaller amounts daily.
No more than 2 ppm total, not daily. I don’t add anymore ammonia as long as it’s still 2 ppm. With Dr Tim’s, if you dose according to the instructions on the bottle, you’ll get 4 ppm. So I only use half the amount to start.

Then I add fish slowly, one at a time (or 2 small ones) and wait 7-10 days before adding another one, to avoid ammonia spikes.
 
No more than 2 ppm total, not daily. I don’t add anymore ammonia as long as it’s still 2 ppm. With Dr Tim’s, if you dose according to the instructions on the bottle, you’ll get 4 ppm. So I only use half the amount to start.

Then I add fish slowly, one at a time (or 2 small ones) and wait 7-10 days before adding another one, to avoid ammonia spikes.
please don't fish-in cycle, its pointless and cruel
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top