This, for me too. I don't know of any other animal hobby where WC animals are so extensively shotgunned by keepers of all skill levels (including rank novices) in the absence of symptoms or even any attempt at diagnosis (PCR screening, skin scrapes), and in the face of nonnegligible losses of apparently healthy animals during treatment.
I'm very sympathetic to wanting to keep all pathogens out of a tank, but not if the cost (in medication-related losses, or other losses stemming from the treatment process) is too high. I think that outbreaks of ick or similar might be well addressed by improving husbandry standards overall (which would have a lot of benefit on top of decreased risk of disease outbreaks); one reason these fish need to be so aggressively cleaned up is that they're going to be, e.g. one of six tangs in an undersized tank, or the pair of clowns that goes in the little AIO the day after it cycles, or the PBT purchased by someone who's never kept any tang before, much less a sensitive species.
Shoutout to
@NancyFish for distinguishing between "actual QT" and medicating. 'Quarantine' is a waiting period during which the subject is observed for symptoms in isolation from other animals. Medicating is something more. When we use 'QT' to mean something more than it is, that's a little misleading since 'quarantine' implies something inconvenient but not aggressive. I'm sure this terminology won't change on my advice, but it is something to think about.