- Joined
- May 8, 2016
- Messages
- 11,300
- Reaction score
- 10,981
- Location
- CT
- What state or country do you live in
- Connecticut
My QT process is situational.
Mostly because I trust my LFS where I but 90% of my stock.
When I buy a fish I ask how long the store has had it. I normally don't buy anything that has not been at the store for a month.
My last two additions they were at the store for 2 months and 4 months. I figure it they survived the store that long they should be good. (not where I normally buy)
I observe and look for any diseases and make sure they are eating. I will do a prazipro treatment and a second treatment. If nothing pops up I put them in.
I once got fish mailed and they also went through copper.
Mostly because I trust my LFS where I but 90% of my stock.
When I buy a fish I ask how long the store has had it. I normally don't buy anything that has not been at the store for a month.
My last two additions they were at the store for 2 months and 4 months. I figure it they survived the store that long they should be good. (not where I normally buy)
I observe and look for any diseases and make sure they are eating. I will do a prazipro treatment and a second treatment. If nothing pops up I put them in.
I once got fish mailed and they also went through copper.
, but knowledge and experience looks a lot like luck sometimes and works a lot better.




