Do you have an aqaurium controller running your tank right now?

Do you have a full system controller running your tank right now?

  • Yes I use a full system controller

    Votes: 352 50.4%
  • No, but I want to add a controller

    Votes: 236 33.8%
  • No don't want to use a controller

    Votes: 110 15.8%

  • Total voters
    698

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
49,253
Reaction score
98,071
Seller Rating
4 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another poll result kinda shocked me so I thought I would just ask you straight up!

Do you have a full system controller running your tank right now?

Untitled-10.jpg

 
I would not say it’s running my tank. I would say monitoring. I still control what I do to the tank. If I want the skimmer off for a reason I still shut off the socket.

Eventually I will turn over some control to the GHL Computer. But I need to buy items to do that. dosers, alk testers, automated testing equipment and so forth.
 
Last edited:
Another poll result kinda shocked me so I thought I would just ask you straight up!

Do you have a full system controller running your tank right now?

Untitled-10.jpg
Absolutely use them. I've used both Apex and Profilux. They may not be needed to have a successful reef tank but they do make keeping a reef tank much easier!
 
I own an Apex - I used to use it extensively to 'automate' my tank. After a couple failures - I realized that for me a simpler solution would be better - so I use the Apex to control the various outlets when I need to start/stop something - and I use the Temp/pH monitors - I ignore ORP and salinity (as the calibration, washing, etc is just as difficult as getting out a refractometer. I recently ordered a mindstream.
 
Apex on my tank. It is really only monitoring + controlling the lights. I don't trust it to do anything else (multiple sensor failures, inconsistent readings etc).
 
Would love to put either of those on my tank.

I currently use an old Apex Jr with an add on module to run my Kessil lights. I have looked into buying the add ons to track ph, but to do that, I would have almost a full control's cost into my 10 year old controller.

So, let's hope the drawing goes my way! Either way, I'm glad to be a R2R Partner member again this year (even if my badge isn't showing up yet)!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top