Do you have an aqaurium controller running your tank right now?

Do you have a full system controller running your tank right now?

  • Yes I use a full system controller

    Votes: 352 50.4%
  • No, but I want to add a controller

    Votes: 236 33.8%
  • No don't want to use a controller

    Votes: 110 15.8%

  • Total voters
    698
Apex. Jebao pump for dosing. Orphek lights with their own gateway.
 
None of the above... I have one & an empty tank that I haven’t finished setting up yet

I initially thought I wouldn’t want one but, eventually, I liked the idea of controlling a bunch/all stuff from a single place rather than have to use this “remote” for propeller pump, another for the return etc etc
 
I've got a bunch of automation setup using GHL stuff, it allows me more time to enjoy the tank(s) than constantly servicing everything.

My automated water change setup using the GHL Maxi Doser was about the best investment I've ever made.
 
To me the likes of Apex are a complete waste of money the equipment in the UK is old and we don't get new updated kit so why should we pay more for old stocklines. Plus unless you are working away from home all the time I don't see the need I'm in the hobby to do the fish keeping not to write instructions for apex to do the hobby for me. As far as I will go is an automated tester as I hate testing so the Alkatronic partnered with the Dosetronic and the Mastertronic when it comes out is as far as I will consider going with a controller.
 
but you cant always be there, right? A controller can alert you if something is out of wack so you can hopefully get to it before its too late. That's why we have sensors on our cars and some of us put as much into their tanks as they do in their cars. Might as well protect the investment of life, yeah?

I've got a ton of information at my fingertips with a GHL controller. I got into this hobby to enjoy watching things grow, fish, inverts and coral rather than to constantly tinker with equipment, water and salts.

For 2 years, I tinkered to get things the way I wanted it before handing off many of the future duties to a controller. Did I truly get the time to really enjoy the fish, inverts and coral while doing so much physical work? Heck no! I was so programmed into constantly doing that manual work that when it finally came to getting my hands out of the tank I must have felt like a tweaker coming off a high. It was an interesting transition and one that also helped my marriage and overall family life.

All this is good for the fish too, the only thing they need me for now is to feed them, rather than do maintenance first.

Of yeah, I want to automate feeding too. =)

-Dan
 
Apex ?? That's a wish for the future :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:


minion-walletreflls-500x500.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top