Does anyone have any knowledge about creating a sump for a 13.5 evo fluval?

BrandonV2193

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just curious if anyone has made a sump or know of any good ones to purchase for smaller tanks?
 
It’s an AIO, it technically has a sump. Any specific reason you want one ?
 
Personally I just feel that the filtration system lacks as a whole and I just want a better one. Plus I wanted to modify the top of the structure and give it better lighting and could use a spot in one of the cubby-holes for it.
 
Personally I just feel that the filtration system lacks as a whole and I just want a better one. Plus I wanted to modify the top of the structure and give it better lighting and could use a spot in one of the cubby-holes for it.

To be honest, if you want do to all of these modifications to an Evo you are better off buying a bigger tank and building off of that. Adding a sump, lights, etc to an Evo is going to result in frustration and loss of display space.
 
I don't see many small sumps that aren't DIY from 10 gal tanks. There are kits on ebay and elsewhere you can buy the baffles for a 10 gal tank and just silicone them in, it's something I'd consider if I was making another one. Not sure what you would do for an overflow on the evo, are you going to drill it? Might be tempered glass
 
I upgraded the stock chambers in chamber 1 I gave a intank chamber that fits in filter floss on top, middle running chemipure nano and purigen. Then I have a marinepure square block. Then in the second chamber I’m running a refugium, marinepure block on the bottom about 5 squares and cheato. Along with pods throughout. Run refugium light opposite DT. N chamber 3 return pump and heater
 
i feel like it would just be a waste of time to build a sump for a 13.5g tank, you should just use that money and upgrade to another tank or get some nice stuff for your current tank
 
i feel like it would just be a waste of time to build a sump for a 13.5g tank, you should just use that money and upgrade to another tank or get some nice stuff for your current tank

I don't know... I built a sump for a 23 gallon and I'm 100% glad I did because it was a lot cheaper than a new tank and I can transfer most of the equipment to a bigger sump or a new tank.
I agree it can become a "timesink" under certain circumstances which may include the evo since it's designed as an AIO and may be slightly more complicated to either drill or attach a HOB overflow.
 
What size sump would you like to have? Just wondering...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top