Eightline Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus octotaenia)

I plan to save up for some Earlei sometime this coming year but I'm not sure yet. Probably only get them if price comes down a bit as I don't think I can drop that much on some.
 
I plan to save up for some Earlei sometime this coming year but I'm not sure yet. Probably only get them if price comes down a bit as I don't think I can drop that much on some.
man, Earlei's are on the list too along with a Johnsoni. when everything settles in the tank and life, I plan on loading up on some more fairies. I will most likely let go of the anthias. I have 4 atm so that's 4 more fairies. Yay!!!
 
That would complete my collection. I have a lennardi coming next month. The Bellea is my holy grail but a little out of my price range for now
not dissin' the Bellea but for me, they got nothing against a full blown SuperMale Attenuatus, esp on flash mode. ;)
 
I really like the Maldives Lyretail anthias but have no experience with them and haven't researched them yet. I plan to slow down on fish after this order and focus on getting more life/filtration for the tank in terms of more live rock and bigger media reactors. My water is crystal clear right now especially since a put in ROX today...sandwiched between regular carbon (so I don't have to clean out those tiny pellets, haha)
 
not dissin' the Bellea but for me, they got nothing against a full blown SuperMale Attenuatus, esp on flash mode. ;)

Bellae impresses me but not enough to drop cash like that....would be very nice to have but not one of my "must have" wrasses.
 
I too have an earlei in my sites but it's so hard to pull the trigger on a fish with that kind of price tag. I feel the same way as you about the Bellae, it's nice but not at the top of my list. Number one on my list right now is a Kuiters leopard as if I'll ever find one.
 
I ordered a Gold Assessor Basslet today...another one of those small fish with bright colors that I've always been interested in. Looks like I got the last one as they pulled it from the Basslets page. haha
 
Anyway....back to the Eightline before we got too far off track. Will start some other wrasses threads this week so we can all drool :tongue:

Make sure to update the thread when you guys get yours in.
 
we have some! We are going to hold them for a while to make sure they are solid, but so far all are eating, and look sweeet.

If you've seen a bellae flash, it would change your mind :) they have become my #1 choice for my new tank.... Expensive, but well worth it IMO. Hopefully the prices will come down a little this year ;)
 
Pia, any luck on the altenutus for 2012?
 
A couple pics i took today:

29DEC11_EightlineGroup_003.jpg


29DEC11_EightlineGroup_002.jpg


29DEC11_EightlineGroup_001.jpg



And BTW... I <3 my Bell's! 8 more days until it hits my display!

BellsPair_002.jpg


BellsPair_001.jpg


Aloha!
 
Kevin, do you think Bellae and Earlae will come down in price this year? Do you think they'll be more abundant?
 
Kevin, your Bell's is gorgeous and the eightline's look nice and healthy. :bigsmile:
 
Johnsoni might come down. Im working on getting some more divers over in Kwajalein for some other rarities there on a more consistent basis... However, Bellae and Earles are just not that common in the wild.. and are deeper than johnsoni... so the logistics point to staying about the same for now :)

the 8-lines are doing awesome. everyone eats like pigs!
 
Johnsoni might come down. Im working on getting some more divers over in Kwajalein for some other rarities there on a more consistent basis... However, Bellae and Earles are just not that common in the wild.. and are deeper than johnsoni... so the logistics point to staying about the same for now :)

the 8-lines are doing awesome. everyone eats like pigs!
I really just have to save up for the Earlei's already. LoL. looking forward to getting a Johnsoni when the price gets a little cheaper. ;)

still waiting for a Supermale 8 Line pic when you guys get a chance. how big is your biggest male?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top