Electric motor for raising and lowering lights

I run a linear actuator on my build. You can check it out here. Would be easy to adapt it to a steel cage/frame system. I use a single actuator along with 2 heavy duty drawer slides as guides.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGwTLrYinrO/

This is was my first run with it before setup. Feel free to follow me on the gram @b1clark
 
Love the design of that stand!!

Drape a hand towel over the lower beam of that canopy while you're working in the tank to avoid head injury.
 
Love the design of that stand!!

Drape a hand towel over the lower beam of that canopy while you're working in the tank to avoid head injury.
Haha, well that lower ledge of the canopy comes in handy for all sorts of utensils and feeding time.

The canopy actually raises to 24" off the top of the tank. I then use a ladder to access all parts inside the tank. I can also place my foot on the lower rim along the tank bottom for balance. I could actually stand on the left side completely if need be.

First pic after placement. Sorry all my shots are off my instagram, I had to make room on my phone.

Screenshot_2016-12-29-18-10-36.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top