Everyone CHECK-IN with their current High Temp this past week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZoWhat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
144f906e295a8c20d176276efcd6b837.jpg


Jersey shore.
 
Its not summer yet in northern virginia.. and if it was the a.c would be on anyway.. its not the heat here its the humidity with the heat... if you have the windows open youll sweat like a pig.

So my tank eveb in my bedroom 3rd floor is always like 77f.

But ive had it at 82-83f before fir weeks and no issues.. im not worried about temps being that high.. coral reefs are usually always in rhe 80s... So i think some people are acting like babies here... no offense.

Temps also drop at night too fyi..
 
Summer is finally here in New England.

Yesterday house temp was 83 in the afternoon, outside temp was the same, tank temp was the same. I floated a half gallon of ice and the temp dropped to 80.

Right now outside temp is 75, the sunny kitchen is up to 82(I closed the blinds) and tank temp is 80.7. House AC and fans are on. It is supposed to be near 90 today.
 
8c2affeab3bdf83c34d15f4ab9ccb907.jpg


It got over 80 here in Cleveland and the tank temp went up as I had the AC in the apartment off. The chiller kicked on at 79 and the spike didn’t last long

Len
 
I used to keep my tank at 82 year round since its actually closer to the actual temp in most 'reefs' - but I read that it speeds up bacteria growth and parasite growth - so I dropped it to 78-79

at what depth?

20190628-103201.jpg


82 in the first meter of water.....but much cooler the deeper you go.

that's why I dont like mixed reefs. corals from all different depths requiring different temps and PAR values, all in one tank? you'll never maximize your success


.
 
Last edited:
Got up to 80 here in Dumont, CO....in the sun. Step into the shade and it’s 60. Tank stayed at 77-78 via the inkbird.
 
78.4° house about 73° this week in Fort Myers it's been hell. Wednesday was like 106° plus high humidity
 
south florida here. 78.6 in late afternoon to 76.6 overnight. 125g display. I have 2 computer style fans in my canopy blowing all the time to keep my light cool and 1 desktop style fan blowing on my sump once it gets to 78.0.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top